Are you a passionate library zealot who believes in the ability of our institution to transform lives? Do you love to grow people and communities through leadership and collaboration? Would you like to participate in an open and collaborative culture that deftly responds to community needs and makes relevant changes to library services? Are you ready for a shot at a management position with the potential to grow? Consider applying for this position, and scroll down for details.
- Empowers colleagues and subordinates to create excellent service experiences.
- Adapts to the ever-changing needs and service expectations of our patrons.
- Positively collaborates with staff, administration, stakeholders, and patrons.
Essential Qualifications and Special Skills Required and Restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MLIS preferred.
- Two to five years of library service experience.
- Two or more years of recent supervisory or management experience.
- Sales, customer service, or public service experience may supplement library experience, depending on the nature of previous positions.
Any comparable combination of experience and education, per the parameters above, may be acceptable.
- Demonstrates an ability to consistently provide excellent customer service for all product lines, including Materials, Programs, Outreach, Electronic, and Information Services.
- Works with Library Service Lead to ensure consistent, exemplary service among branch staff.
- Types at least 35 wpm
- Uses Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Libre Office or comparable software suites, well.
- Creates files and enters data/information for spreadsheets, documents, presentations, et cetera.
- Learns and operates computer and mobile device software on an ongoing basis.
- Teaches both patrons and staff to use new technologies.
- Adapts to new technology.
- Navigates Wordpress and/or social media.
- Ensures all staff can troubleshoot library and patron equipment on a basic level.
- Possesses the physical stamina to manage a branch facility.
- Able to stand on feet for prolonged periods of time, move around, stretch, bend over, kneel, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, fires, disciplines, and rewards subordinates.
- Communicates professionally with staff, patrons, and the general public.
- Coaches, evaluates, and corrects staff work behavior under the guidance of the Director.
- Collaborates with Library Service Lead and Program and Outreach Coordinators to ensure service coverage and service excellence.
- Executes district policies and procedures within the branch.
- Supervises branch staff to ensure high quality of service and work.
- Prepares and coordinates staff work schedules with assistance of the Library Service Lead.
- Reviews staff time sheets.
- Provides a high degree of library skills training to staff.
- Supports and enables staff participation in professional development.
Administration and Management
- Executes administrative decisions and policies.
- Enacts strategic objectives.
- Delegates work to Library Service Lead and Library Service Technicians as needed.
- Contributes productive input regarding new initiatives.
- Assists in facilitating positive, effective change at the branch and district levels.
- Interprets District policies fairly and equitably.
- Develops and manages branch and district budgets as needed.
- Prepares and analyzes statistics reports.
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Helps coordinate and train staff at district meetings.
- Maintains a safe and productive library environment.
- Oversees the optimization of branch layout, merchandizing, and displays.
- Purchases branch materials and supplies.
- Submits accurate records of all financial transactions to the District.
- Develops and maintains rapport with staff, colleagues, and administration.
- Creates/updates a responsive branch collection development plan.
- Considers existing library collections, patron requests, current reviews, and local needs for acquisitions.
- Maintains a dynamic, current collection through statistical analysis and weeding.
- Utilizes the Library Service Lead’s assistance in these tasks, as needed.
Programs and Outreach
- Assists the Program and Outreach Coordinator(s) in facilitating and staffing activities.
- Actively pursues productive community connections.
- Stays aware of local community issues and trends.
- Markets branch services activities.
- Works with the Friends of the Library.
- Engages in professional and leadership development.
- Remains updated on developments in libraries as time allows.
- Participates in the Colorado and American library community.
Note: This description is not intended to be comprehensive or all-encompassing.
Description of Community
Simla is a rural ranching community on the high plains of Elbert County Colorado.
Other Required/Preferred Skills & Experience
Any comparable combination of experience and education may be acceptable. Email or call if you are not sure that you meet the minimum qualifications. We are flexible.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by email to email@example.com.
HR Contact Information
Director Tim Miller
651 W. Beverly St.
Elizabeth, CO 80107
Simla Branch Manager Job Posting: https://pplibraries.org/about-us/district-job-opps/