As part of the finance team, you help fuel our innovations. You feel at ease managing our financial resources with detailed precision while supporting our creative, ever-changing, fast-paced organization. You are a natural with numbers and enjoy the details that go along with working in a finance department. You are the primary keeper of the general ledger, keeping our money safe and managing how it flows through our operations. You are a friendly and hospitable, have organizational skills to tame the beast of paperwork that goes along with this role.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- You are warm, friendly, hospitable and enjoy helping others.
- You are organized, detail-oriented and keep things in tip-top order.
- You’re a natural with numbers, and have a marvelous memory for details.
- You strive to provide an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet, but also feel comfortable working independently.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You understand the principles of governmental accounting, along with the laws and regulations that go along with it, applying these when recording financial information and preparing reports.
- You help keep our creative, innovative staff rooted to a budget by assisting in its monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- You are brilliant at working on multiple priorities and can adapt to changes in direction while accepting new challenges.
- You are constantly looking for ways to apply new ideas, methods and techniques, demonstrating a consistent focus on minimizing expenses and maximizing results.
- You are a genius at statistical reporting. You can make all the important points of data come to life in an easy-to-understand statistical dashboard, keeping our staff aware of trends and stats to help inform how we manage our libraries. You will prepare reports for statistical benchmarks.
- You assist in reconciling the bank accounts, keeping a watchful eye on our spending and balancing our bank statements.
- You are a wizard at assisting in the preparation of monthly financials statements and board reports, the annual audit report and the annual budget.
- You are the backup to the Finance Manager when needed to prepare the financial statements and various department head budget to actual reports.
- You will assist in transferring money and providing cash flow statements, as needed.
- You will analyze various expense line items and create supporting reports for the yearly budget.
- You are a purchase order guru, processing invoices with grace and ease. You work with the invoice through the entire process, from matching the purchase orders/packing slips to the invoice, coding it to the proper account, obtaining proper approvals, and inputting/posting to our accounts payable system. You feel the satisfaction of cutting the invoice checks and popping them in the mail.
- You have a keen eye for evaluating invoices and know what to look for in reconciling these bills. You are a sleuth at heart, working with staff and vendors to answer questions and tackle problems that may arise.You are the key holder, entrusted with the keys to the safe. You prepare and make bank deposits and handle petty cash, including totals and reconciliation of incoming cash from the branches. You work with room reservations and process credit card payments and refunds.
- You love working with data, inputting it into our accounting system, databases and spreadsheets. Macros don’t scare you.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff, vendors, customers and district leadership.
- You are an explorer of efficiencies, maintaining our electronic records retention/management system for financial records.
- You are the master of detail and keeper of the W-9’s and vendor contracts.
- You are brilliant at preparing and reconciling the annual 1099s.
- You are the meeting room manager, editing reservations, assisting staff and customers with their reservations, questions and payments.
- You are there to lend a hand if needed for other projects.
- You will work with the Friends Foundation in recording contributions and expenses. At year-end, you will send letters to contributors for their donations.
- You have great ideas to share on district committees.
- You are a lifelong learner, enjoying your journey of professional development.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Everyone is creative
Eagerness to learn
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
Description of Community
Why Anythink? A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping keep our District running smoothly through supporting our Anythink team and partnerships with vendors. You assist in keeping our financial department in compliance and the flow of money staying within budget. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
Other Education Credentials
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting or business preferred.
- Two years of accounting department experience.
- Computer literacy with MS Office proficiency; knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software preferred.
- You are comfortable with computers; you can navigate Microsoft Office products and are comfortable jumping in and learning accounting software to manage our accounts receivable.
If you are interested in joining our team please visit the Job Center on our website and apply online.
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for this posting.
Job title: Accounting Ace: (part customer service, part numbers guru, part financial wizard)
Business Unit: Finance
Hiring range: $40,000 to $ 46,000 DOE
Job Class: Full-time, exempt; benefitted
Anythink website: http://www.anythinklibraries.org