Reporting to the Interlibrary Loan Supervisor, this position is responsible for processing of Interlibrary Loan Lending and Document Delivery requests and works scheduled shifts on call at the Service Desk assisting and coaching student employees with circulation and other library patron needs. This position is responsible for the opening the library on Mondays and the work schedule is Monday through Friday (6:30am-2:30pm). On occasion the schedule can be flexible as this position provides coverage for other staff as needed. All staff participate in a team-based organization and this position is a member of the Access Services Team.
- Responsible for Interlibrary Loan lending including identifying and locating materials to be loaned to libraries in good standing, as well as process article delivery.
- Works with the Hampden Center, Stacks Department, and Interlibrary Loan staff to ensure all lending and scanning requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors outstanding shipped materials to ensure timely delivery of materials loaned and borrowed.
- Completes reviews of checked out material and updated requests to ensure materials are properly checked out and returned in different tracking systems.
- Supports and assists student employees workflow in ILL Lending.
- Supports Interlibrary Loan Borrowing requests as needed.
- Communicates Interlibrary Loan policies to lending libraries and DU patrons.
- Corresponds with borrowing libraries regarding requests as needed in a timely manner.
- Corresponds with borrowing libraries regarding billed and lost material.
- Resolves and or reports problems and concerns to the Interlibrary Loan Supervisor.
- Shares responsibility with other Interlibrary Loan staff for monitoring and processing Document Delivery requests in a timely manner.
- Checks all incoming requests for accuracy, completeness, and copyright compliance.
- Using the Interlibrary Loan software system checks library holdings for print or electronic copies.
- Routes all requests held by the library to the Document Delivery pull slip print queue for remote site retrieval and scanning.
- Manages and tracks monthly Interlibrary Loan lending statistics and invoices including the preparation of accounts payable deposits. Assists in collecting data on work performed for reports.
- Works Monday through Friday (6:30 AM-2:30 PM) and works a flexible schedule as needed.
- Responsible for opening the library daily, and opens solo on Mondays.
- Shares responsibility for building safety, including communication and implementation of the librarys Disaster Plan.
- Works on-call at the Service Desk assisting and coaching student employees on Service Desk activities utilizing the Alma system to checkout and check in library material, collect fines utilizing the credit card machine, answer user questions utilizing the University Libraries website, and refer patrons to the appropriate department within the library or DU campus as needed.
- Communicate access and borrowing polices to users and resolve patron issues.
- Forward unresolved concerns to Access Services Manager and Librarian as soon as possible and communicate Service Desk concerns and relevant information to Access Services staff and other stakeholders within the library.
- Works closely with other Interlibrary Loan and Access Services staff and reports systems and database problems as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday (6:30 AM-2:30 PM) on a regular basis; must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed; must have good communication skills to be able to interact well with other staff.
- Ability to follow established procedures and to perform work requiring considerable attention to detail
- Ability to collect and analyze statistics
- Ability to use an automated library system and PC
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot office equipment
- Ability to maintain clerical records
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Description of Community
The University of Denver Libraries, comprised of the Main Library at the Anderson Academic Commons, a remote storage facility called the Hampden Center, and the Bonfils Stanton Music Library in the Newman Center, is a highly collaborative organization that serves a diverse population, ranging from our students, staff, and faculty to public and other academic patrons from the surrounding region. The Anderson Academic Commons is the campus centerpiece for collaborative teaching, learning, and engagement. The University of Denver Libraries are central to discovery and creative interaction among students and faculty, and provide collections, services, personnel, and systems that support the teaching and research programs of the University. The institution is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
- High School or Equivalent
- High School or Equivalent
Other Education Credentials
Schedule is Monday through Friday (6:30 AM-2:30 PM)