You are part of the connective tissue of the library’s culture, providing the public with information and assistance directly and through supporting the Branch Manager and Library Staff.
Who you are:
- You are a positive motivator.
- You are a lot of things to a lot of people – coach, leader, mentor and host.
- You are an effective communicator, able contribute with leadership and relay pertinent information.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You are a team player who thinks quickly on your feet and can lead from within a team.
- You are a connector, working with staff and management to provide an amazing atmosphere for all.
- You are an active listener with lots of patience.
- You are fearless, always willing to tackle challenges and handle surprises with grace.
- You are excited about leading others in a changing environment.
- You embrace the library’s mission, vision, and values, and can apply them to your daily operations and team.
- You are a strong supervisor, able to coach and lead a superb team.
- You are a team player and work collaboratively with the Branch Manager to assure consistency of service delivery.
- You can handle the most challenging situations, whether it is a building emergency or customer service conflict. You take charge with grace and confidence.
- You create and model superb customer hospitality skills.
- You negotiate, resolve issues and work with customers to find solutions to disputes and service gaps.
- You take the initiative, working together with your team to find solutions.
- You understand the strength of collaboration and support your team in bringing great ideas to life.
- You take ownership of your library.
- You warmly welcome customers into our library, ensuring a great experience and a fond farewell.
- Out on the floor and in the stacks, you foster discovery and help ensure a seamless visit by helping customers find the materials they want or assisting them with self-checkout services.
- You take pride in our library, ensuring it is clean and tidy and the displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You are a natural at teaching library customers and staff how to use technology from e-readers to our online databases.
- You understand our community's needs and how the library’s services can meet those needs.
- You have the energy to juggle many tasks with a smile; you are out on the floor making sure things are running smoothly, modeling excellence in how the branch is to be run.
- You assist with continually training and developing staff in areas of customer service and product knowledge.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff, customers, community partners and district leadership.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Description of Community
Cedar Rapids is a vibrant city, encompassing unique attractions, exciting events, specialty shopping, a dynamic art scene, and a large variety of restaurant and nightlife options. Visit cityofcr.org for more information
Other Education Credentials
Graduation from an ALA accredited Library Science program.
Other Required/Preferred Skills & Experience
- Graduation from an ALA accredited Library Science program.
- 3 years of public library experience with progressive supervision responsibilities.
- An equivalent combination of experience, training, and certification may be considered for substitution.
Submit application, resume, and cover letter through the City of Cedar Rapids' website: www.cedar-rapids.org
HR Contact Information
Questions may be directed to Human Resources at 319.286.5000 or www.cedar-rapids.org
Position Schedule: Tues 11:45am-8:15pm, Wed 7:15am-3:45pm, Thurs 11:45am-8:15pm, Fri 8:15am-5:15pm, Sat 8:15am-5:15pm
Listing on Library website: https://www.crlibrary.org/about-us/jobs/
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cedarrapids?