Are you passionate about providing public library service that builds an educated and vibrant community? Do you believe in the values of innovation, accountability and excellence? Are you both a coach and role model for staff? If you are ready to be a leader in achieving Library objectives, this manager position may be for you!
Jefferson County Public Library(JCPL) is poised to position itself at the forefront of library service. Our organizational structure is evolving and expanding to meet the growing needs of our community. As a result, we have an exciting management opportunity overseeing our Digital Experience and Call Center!
The Digital Experience Manager manages our Digital Experience - the library's digital branch - and the Call Center which provide remote services. The Digital Experience Team is responsible for our digital customer user experience, including jeffcolibrary.org which is powered by BiblioCommons. Our Call Center and Digital Experience are housed at the Library's Administrative Offices in Lakewood.
You would be a Manager who believes in the values of innovation, accountability and excellence – a leader who advocates for libraries, is up-to-date on current trends in the profession and is passionate about providing public library service that builds an educated and vibrant community, and a new kind of patron experience. You will manage the Digital Experience and Call Center, create an environment that reflects JCPL's values of serving with care, welcoming all, meeting people where they are, giving them full attention and exceeding customer expectations. You will manage/audit system resources with budgetary and decision-making authority over those resources. You will create partnerships and relationships in the community through outreach.
- Recruit, assess, hire, train, manage and evaluate Digital Experience and Call Center staff.
- Model best behavior practice for customer service.
- Coach and supervise up to 5 direct reports - supervisors, librarians and web content coordinator.
- Use established industry benchmarks to determine gaps in service provision and quality.
- Develop metrics, performance measurement and goal setting.
- Create a flexible environment for implementing new library services and lead tactical plan initiatives through project management.
- Serve as a member of the Public Services Management Team to develop overall strategy, tactical objectives, and short and long-term planning for deployment of resources.
- Direct work groups, monitor assignments to their completion and work with multiple levels of staff, assuring alignment with strategic plan.
- Work in direct patron contact 4-8 hours per month.
- Act as a spokesperson responsible for delivery of our message to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate advanced skill in using computers and electronic resources.
- Accountable for budget planning and expenditures.
- Resolve customer service issues, routinely makes decisions on policy enforcement including dealing with law enforcement and first responders.
- Always be an innovator who designs and implements new efficiencies and experiments with new ways to accomplish work in public libraries.
- Always be a communicator who illustrates expectations and collaborates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Report to the Assistant Director of Library Experience.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Apply on GovernmentJobs.com here
HR Contact Information
Recruitment Coordinator | ERD/HR/Payroll, Admin Bldg
- Must be able to work days, some evenings, some weekends and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check
- Our hiring range for this position is $61,741.81 - $78,720.81.
** Please be aware: Due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is
possible that email correspondence sent from "govermentjobs.com" could be sent to your spam
folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if
any updates (such as a request for an interview) might have been posted.
When completing an application on NeoGov, you should receive a confirmation notice within a
few minutes of submitting your application. Again, please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Mail
folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, you can
then select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk. This should allow for future
messages to get through to your inbox.
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/jefferson/jobs/2436818/public-services-manager-digital-experience-and-call-center/apply?department=Library&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs