Provide reference assistance to customers in the adult, children’s and teen, computer,
audio/visual, or periodicals services areas, and provide administrative and/or technical tasks in
support of Library functions including cataloging, acquisitions, inspections of incoming
materials, circulation, or computer and software maintenance.
- Locate information in assigned area using electronic databases and resources, print library materials, the Internet, or other tools.
- Assist patrons with their devices and technology including tablets, smart phones, laptops and personal computers for the purposes of accessing electronic library materials.
- Accompany patrons to the appropriate resources and instruct / assist patrons in the use of library resources both printed and computer based.
- Provide software/hardware instruction and support to users with a wide variety of computer skill levels.
- Provide general administrative and technical support related to various Library functions and customer services.
- Receive and inspect incoming materials, label/barcode, jacket, store, and distribute.
Additional Info & Requirements
Bilingual preferred. The selection process will include complete job description review, personal interview, computer
testing, background investigation, criminal background check, and substance screening.
Do you want to provide computer assistance to people navigating the wide world of computers. This position provides direct assistance to library patrons who are accessing email, filling out forms and application, and many more tasks on the computer. Familiarity with Microsoft office applications, Google workspaces, and social media platforms is required. Good customer service skills and patience with people and technology as people are learning new skills. Additional duties would include processing of materials and assisting with compiling statistics.
Online application (required) must be successfully submitted by 11:59 p.m. on June 21, 2021.
The online application process is available for this position on our website at
www.longmontcolorado.gov/jobs. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the City Application.
For more information, call (303) 651-8609.