Cumberland County Public Library
Headquarters Branch, Fayetteville, NC
Cumberland County Public Library is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and flexible leader to serve as the system’s Deputy Director. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with the Library Director and an outstanding library family to encourage innovation and excellent customer service both within the eight library branches and beyond the libraries’ walls. The ideal candidate must possess creative leadership skills that foster a collaborative, enthusiastic team. The Deputy Director will be an essential partner to the Director and library leadership team as they work together to serve the community and enhance the strategic mission and goals of Cumberland County and Cumberland County Public Library.
• Supervises the managers of the regional library branches as well as the manager of the Headquarters Branch Library.
• Oversees personnel, policy, and procedure activities in the system.
• Actively participates on the director’s management team and other counsels and teams as assigned or needed.
• Consults with and makes recommendations and decisions with the Director, library leadership team and others on library practices, procedures, policies and operations.
• Serves as the director in absence of the director to ensure non-disruption of operations and continued service to internal and external customers.
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, Kim Barefoot (910) 678-7655