City of Westminster
College Hill, Westminster, Colorado
Requisition Number: 21-00133
Salary Range: $72,254 - $90, 318
Closing Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2021; 8:30 a.m.
People choose Westminster, Colorado, because it is an extraordinary community with an honored past and an even more promising future. Our employees serve with a purpose and embrace our SPIRIT values of Service, Pride, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork. We are known as a caring, team-oriented working environment with a commitment to excellence. Innovation and creativity are encouraged, where visionary people who want to see their projects and programs implemented thrive. Westminster’s work culture encourages passionate, positive and enthusiastic employees. Our mission is clear: We deliver exceptional value and quality of life to our citizens.
This is a leadership position reporting to the Library Services Manager. This position is responsible for coordinating the College Hill Branch Library, including managing all of the branch library's operations, personnel, facility maintenance, and finances. In addition to serving as a branch manager, this position is also a key member of the Westminster Public Library leadership team, supporting library wide projects and initiatives.
The full salary range for this position is stated above. Starting wages are negotiable and dependent on the qualifications and experience of each individual candidate. The City of Westminster offers a bonus of up to $1,500 per year depending on the employee's fluency in Spanish, Hmong, and/or Laotian. In order to be considered for this position, all candidates must attach to the online application, a cover letter and resume (maximum of two pages).
Education, Experience, Skills, Formal Training, Licenses, and Certifications
- A desire to be a branch manager for a community-focused library
- Graduation from a four-year college or university
- Three (3) years of public library, social work, retail, or other applicable field
- Experience with and knowledge of computerized information systems
- Must possess a valid driver's license, provide proof of a safe driving record, and maintain a safe driving record for continued employment
- Masters of Library Science, Social Work, Public Administration, or other relevant field.
- Experience overseeing or involvement with the administration of a branch library
- Supervisory experience, including staff development and performance management
- Spanish language skills and/or experience in working with patrons from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with Marketing, Outreach, Finance, Personnel Management, and/or Grant Management
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Centrally located between Denver and Boulder, Colorado, on the US Highway 36 high-tech corridor, Westminster is a beautiful city designed for an exceptional quality of life. The community is a nationally recognized community with a reputation for innovation and progressive management in local government. Over 113,000 residents enjoy superb recreation amenities, beautiful neighborhoods, numerous entertainment and shopping opportunities. Westminster is 80% developed and maintains a goal to preserve 15% (3,300 acres) of its land area for natural open space.
External Job Ad