Clear Creek County Library District
Clear Creek County - Georgetown and Idaho Springs Branches
The Library Assistant — Circulation and Operations is an integral member of the Clear Creek County Library District Team, performing general customer service and administrative duties relating to library services. We seek a positive, friendly, and responsible individual who enjoys helping others and connecting with members of our community.
- Must pass a background check (after the offer to hire has been made)
- Ability to work in both Idaho Springs and Georgetown
- Flexibility to work mornings, nights, and weekends
- Computer/tech fluency
- One year of library or relevant work experience
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contributing to general library upkeep, in order to maintain clean and welcoming library spaces.
- Assisting with the organization of book sales, as directed by the Friends of the Library groups.
- Designing library displays to engage patrons and regularly update them to showcase new materials, relevant topics, and current events.
- Assisting with book accessioning by applying book covers, stamps, and date due slips, as instructed by the collection management team.
- Ensuring shelves are maintained in an orderly and organized manner through regular shelf reading.
- Returning materials to shelves accurately and in a timely manner.
- Referring patrons to library databases and additional resources as necessary.
- Conducting internet and print searches in order to provide patrons with accurate information.
- Assisting patrons in locating and selecting materials and in researching information, both in print and online.
- Assisting patrons in the use of computers, devices, equipment, copier/fax machine, and the library catalog.
- Handling the duties of the circulation desk, such as but not limited to checking materials in/out, issuing and/or renewing library cards, maintaining attendance statistics, requesting/loaning materials from/to other libraries via InterLibrary Loan, reserving the meeting room, registering patrons for programs, enforcing the code of conduct, and collecting fines, if necessary.
- Providing all patrons with excellent customer service in order to consistently deliver a positive library experience, in person, over the phone, and in email correspondence.
Computer experience and a minimum of one (1) year of job-related experience: customer service, public service, administrative or clerical experience involving public contact.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a library environment. Previous experience working with diverse populations.
High school diploma/GED.
Attention to detail, customer service techniques, ability to deal with stressful situations with tact and diplomacy, ability to receive direction and constructive feedback, and use of general office equipment. Requires a level of independent judgment and initiative to accomplish tasks and solve problems in a consistent, accurate, and innovative manner and in a variety of situations.
Work may include walking, standing, bending, lifting, and keyboarding. Hearing voice conversation is essential to safe and effective job performance. Clear Creek County Library District provides reasonable job-related accommodations for those with differing abilities.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with shared workspaces and equipment. Shifts may include days, nights, weekends, or occasional holidays.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Located in the mountains just 20 miles west of Denver along the I-70 corridor, Clear Creek County includes the historic mountain communities of Idaho Springs, Dumont, Downieville, Lawson, Empire, Georgetown, Silver Plume, and a portion of Evergreen. A haven for history buffs and outdoor enthusiasts alike, Clear Creek County has something for everyone: skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hiking, rafting, mountain biking, museums, local breweries, and convenient proximity to Denver and the Front Range communities. Our Library District serves the county-wide population of 9,000+ people via two community library locations and our Archives Library.
Additional Info & Requirements
Please apply by August 22.
External Job Ad
Please send a cover letter and resume, including three references. Applications are accepted by email - email@example.com.