Public Services Librarian
12-Month Non-tenure Track Librarian/Instructor
East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma
Do you want to…
· Engage in a wide range of valuable professional experiences?
· Work in a collaborative atmosphere where everyone’s voice matters?
· Use your creativity and enthusiasm to promote the library and its collections?
If so, the Public Services Librarian opening at East Central University’s Linscheid Library may be a great fit for you.
· Oversee outreach, circulation, and reserves, maintaining a focus on customer service.
· Maintain, develop, and assess the library’s outreach plan.
· Organize and host events in the library each semester.
· Promote the library and its events in digital and print formats, including managing the library’s social media presence.
· Create circulation policy and maintain copyright compliance of library reserves.
· Instruct students in library use and research skills in the classroom and at the Reference Desk.
· Serve as liaison to several academic departments, collaborating with faculty on research, collection development, information literacy curriculum development, and special projects.
· Remain up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices.
· Lead and serve on library and university committees.
· Supervise two full-time staff members.
Linscheid Library is comprised of five librarians, seven staff members, and a director that work collaboratively to foster student success at ECU and within the community of Ada.
Both experienced librarians and recent graduates from ALA-accredited MLS programs are encouraged to apply. Marketing experience preferred. Excellent communication skills, strong public service orientation, computer literacy, and data analysis skills required.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
East Central University will be recognized both within the state and nation as Oklahoma's premier comprehensive student-centered regional university, offering outstanding academic programs and experiences for its students and contributing to the betterment of the region and beyond.
East Central University is a public university offering Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts and Masters degrees. ECU has 422 full time faculty and staff, and is located in Ada, a city of 17,000, approximately 90 miles from Oklahoma City, 115 miles from Tulsa and 150 miles from Dallas.
ECU is a Regional University. Students can enroll in and attend ECU classes on campus in Ada and also in completely online courses as ECU is progressing rapidly expanding online learning opportunities.
Applications should consist of (1) a detailed cover letter addressing the expectations of the position; (2) a current resume/curriculum vitae; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees, official transcripts are required upon hiring; (5) a statement of teaching philosophy; and (6) a completed *Disclosure Statement.
Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately. Priority will be given to applications received by October 1, 2021. The position will remain open until filled. For more information about ECU, visit our web site at http://www.ecok.edu.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th, Adm 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.