The Spanish Services Coordinator develops, manages and promotes programming to the Spanish-speaking community of all ages in Lake County.
● Outreach to the Spanish speaking community through attendance at community events and membership within community organizations.
● Evaluate the needs of the Spanish speaking community to help develop programming, collections, and service.
● Collection Development for Spanish language collections.
● Keeps informed of trends in Spanish Services in libraries through professional development such as workshops, conferences, or online classes.
● Participates in annual budget process by providing recommendations for Spanish Services.
● Work closely with the Materials & Marketing Supervisor to develop marketing strategies for the Spanish-speaking community.
● Provides translation of written materials and verbal interpretation when needed.
● Assists patrons at the circulation desk.
● Carries out opening and closing procedures as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Health, dental, vision, retirement
Additional Info & Requirements
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and additional education preferred. Willingness and ability to be active during programming and events as well as deliver programming in an outdoor setting.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English
● Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff and supervisors
● Work independently with minimal supervision
● Understand and follow directions
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the general public
● The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills; a competence in technology; be creative, positive and promote excellent customer service
Tucked in the heart of the Rockies, Leadville is the highest incorporated town (10,152 feet!) in the continental United States. Its natural beauty offers access to outdoor recreation all year around - from backcounty skiing and groomed Nordic skiing trails to miles of hiking trails and lake or river fishing.
To apply, email the following information to Brena Smith: email@example.com
· Cover Letter
· Three professional references