Do you enjoy antiquing, meeting new people, mingling with artists and watching movies? Have you dreamt of working in a cheerful, noisy library where patrons (and librarians) are never shushed, and the laughter of children, knitters and librarians can be heard throughout the stacks? If you’re looking to fill the time…not your pocketbook, this may be the job for YOU! The John C. Fremont Library is searching for a new team member to join us in our journey back to pre-COVID programming.
Adult Program Coordinator:
Manages the training and supervision of community service workers and volunteers.
Plans, coordinates, schedules and oversees a variety of adult community programming at the library including, but not limited to, artist of the month, movie night and adult summer reading.
Provides assistance to library patrons of all ages and abilities by performing a variety of general, basic, routine and moderately complex tasks, using personal, administrative and technical skills and knowledge.
Technical Services Duties:
Manages the library's online networking sites, is responsible for website design and library computers basic maintenance.
“The library should be a place of public happiness where all library patrons, no matter their station in life, be treated courteously and respectfully.” J. C. Dana.
Any and all duties as requested and required by the Library Director.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Paid vacation, sick and health after short probationary period.
Additional Info & Requirements
Complete job description available for pick-up at library or e-mail a request to email@example.com.
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays
- Ability to wear facial covering during entire shift
- Experience working with people in a library/educational setting preferred
- Basic computer knowledge including searching, internet, basic typing skills, using Publisher and Microsoft Office Word
- Use of Computer Integrated Library System
- Update library website, Facebook and perform computer updates monthly
- Ability to multitask
- Customer service skills
- Circulation skills
- Dewey Decimal shelving
- Ability to operate office equipment including phones, fax machines, cash register, etc.
- Basic knowledge of English reading and writing skills, knowledge and ability to do basic math skills
John C. Fremont Library District
c/o Tabby Selakovich
130 Church Ave. Florence, CO 81226
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and three references to the library or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org