Come join the largest and fastest growing community in Yavapai County as the Town’s new Technical Services Librarian! You will report directly to the Library Manager and supervises the Cataloging department.
If you are eager to make a difference in an organization committed to lifelong learning, with a passion for enhancing the discovery of Library materials for a growing community, we encourage you to apply!
In this position you will:
- Create original MARC records and update OCLC records to add to the Library’s online catalog for all formats including books, periodicals, CDs/DVDs, non-traditional items, and other electronic resources.
- Catalog and construct call numbers by implementing current professional cataloging standards, tools & resources. i.e. AACR2, RDA, LCSH, LCC, MARC21
- Supervise staff and daily operations of the cataloging department, including acquisitions, technical processing, and interlibrary loans.
- Manage funds within budget constraints, prepare reports and complete related administrative duties as required.
- Serve as the department’s representative on various Yavapai Library Network committees.
- Support the overall operations of the library as assigned including working public service desk.
Need to have/be:
- Master’s degree in Library Science with emphasis in cataloging, and at least two years professional experience working in original and copy cataloging services.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Proactive, solution-oriented leader with at least one year experience in a supervisory role.
- Competent knowledge of the integrated library system with a focus on accuracy, efficiency, and consistency; the ability to effectively solve problems, adapt to changes, and use good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; willingness to collaborate with team members and librarians, ability to build and maintain effective work relationships.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support library operational hours seven-days a week.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
- Medical: Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ; Employee coverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $390.02 month.
- Dental: Ameritas; Employee coverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $33.00 month.
- Life Insurance: Town provided supplemental life insurance at one times the employee's base pay up to $100,000.
- Voluntary Individual and Family Term Life Insurance: Additional term life insurance coverage available for employee, spouse and children.
- General Leave: 120 hours the first year, increasing annually up to 200 hours for hourly employees. That is increased by 40 hours for salaried employees.
- Holidays: Eleven (11) paid holidays; Eight (8) hours per day for FT employees.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Pre-tax pay deductions to use for eligible medical or dependent daycare costs.
- Disability Insurance: Town provided personal illness or injury short and long term disability benefits with 50% and 60% lost wages replacement respectively.
- Workers' Compensation: Provides 100% lost wages and related medical benefits as for on the job work related illness or injuries.
- Retirement Plans: Town contributes 2% of employee's earnings in a Retirement Health Savings (RHS) Plan and 13% of employee's earning into a 401a defined contribution plan. Employees contribute 1% and 8% respectively. Optional 457 plan also available. The Town does not participate in AZASRS.
- MediCare: While the Town provides the required contributions towards MediCare we do not participate in Social Security.
- State Unemployment: State mandated coverage is provided.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free counseling and referral services for employees and their immediate families is provided for financial planning, legal services, depression, substance abuse, family/marital and other relationship issues.
- Fit for Life Wellness Program: The Town is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. Participation is strictly voluntary and offers $200 participation incentive.
- Direct Deposit: Paychecks are deposited directly into the employee's bank account(s) on a bi-weekly schedule.
Prescott Valley sits at 5,100 feet, occupying a spectacular valley between the Bradshaw and Mingus Mountains. Wide open spaces and clean mountain air envelop smart growth and a commitment to positive progress. Our family-oriented community boasts a lifestyle of cultural, recreational and educational activities, a low crime rate and superior public service. Additionally we are just ten minutes away from historic Prescott, the county seat. With all it has going for it, no wonder Prescott Valley is often ranked among the top places to live in America.
We enjoy a mild year-round climate with four distinct and equally pleasant seasons. Just an hour’s drive (and at least 15 degrees cooler!) from the metropolis of Phoenix and its deserts and lakes, and a little more than an hour from Flagstaff (and at least 15 degrees warmer!) and its snow-capped mountains and ski slopes, Prescott Valley is perfectly positioned to access most any area of the State. Historic Prescott is just 10 minutes away.
External Job Ad