This position works directly with public library staff and trustees at the local level to promote library development throughout one of four regions in Kentucky.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Will provide site visits to local libraries in the West Region.
- Attend local board meetings and meetings for library staff.
- Provide assistance and guidance to the local libraries in essential areas including governance and administration, strategic planning, personnel, budget preparation, policy and procedure development and community relations.
- Work in collaboration with library directors to analyze the services the library currently provides and identify areas for improvement for libraries within the geographical region.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate for this position will have experience and knowledge of library services and systems. A passion for information literacy and a dedication to quality customer service is highly preferred