The Converse County Library has a position vacancy for a Library Director. This is a full time, benefitted position located in Douglas, Wyoming with a branch library in Glenrock, Wyoming.
The Library Director is an exempt position, requiring advanced knowledge in the field of library science and the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment. The director must exhibit approachability, be a good listener and be able to represent the library to staff, patrons, county officials and the public. This position is responsible for the administration and management of the library; plans, directs and supervises all library programs and services. The job involves responsibility for fiscal management, information technology, collection development, personnel supervision, public relations and facilities maintenance and planning.
The library has finished construction projects resulting in two stellar library buildings with beautiful spaces and updated HVAC systems. The staff of our libraries are beyond compare with educated and experienced workers and three employees working on their master’s in library science degrees. The new director will be able to concentrate on expanding and enhancing library services. Library funding comes from county taxes and has a current budget of 1.9 million. There are 24 employees, 12 fulltime and 10 part time with x 2 half time, with 2 additional contract employees: Maintenance and Exhibitions Coordinator. The Library Foundation supports travelling art shows visible in both libraries. The director reports to a board of five on a monthly basis. Visit our website, https://yourccl.org/ and see our presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. The Converse County Library is fine free. The library is part of a twenty-three-member consortium throughout the state, offering 140 databases (with six additional local databases) and library cards that work throughout Wyoming allowing unprecedented access to resources.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association, or ability to obtain within a reasonable period of time as determined by the Library Board after date of hire.
- Five years of professional library experience, including three years’ experience in supervision.
- Experience in directing or implementing ideas or procedures as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional library principles, methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Substantive knowledge and significant current experience with various electronic technologies and print resources to access and deliver information.
- Ability to evaluate community needs.
- Effective public relations skills to actively support fund raising efforts.
Converse County encompasses 4,255 square miles and has a population of 13, 672. Located in central Wyoming it is 5036 feet above sea level. Local economics center on agriculture, energy and tourism.
Douglas, Wyoming is home to the annual state fair and has spectacular views of Laramie Peak and quick access to Ayres Natural Bridge. It is one hour from Casper, a major large shopping/dining/cultural area, 151 miles to Ft. Collins, Colorado and 228 miles to Denver, Colorado. Douglas and Glenrock are both charming small towns with mom and pop businesses and friendly people. Visit https://conversecountytourism.com/ for more information.
Contact Name: Vickie Goodwin
Contact Email: email@example.com
Online application and/or full job listing link(s): https://yourccl.org/202/Employment