The Loveland Public Library is seeking a Librarian II for the Adult Services Department. As a Librarian II, this position will work in partnership with the Division Manager to lead the team. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working with creative, innovative people in a collaborative environment. We are passionate about making community connections, developing strong programs, and creating a 21st century collection. We are looking for a candidate to manage projects, deadlines, events, and ideas with a winning style and assurance.
Performs mid-level professional duties under the general direction of Adult Services Division Manager and will direct the Adult Services Division in the absence of the Division Manager.
The salary range for this position is $20.87 - $30.29per hour with a hiring range of $20.87 - $25.58, depending on qualifications and experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and coordinates programs and outreach events.
- Identifies, expands, and maintains community partner relationships.
- Participates in collection development for the department including selection and weeding of library materials in assigned area.
- Compiles monthly reports.
- Hires, supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules assigned staff.
- Searches for, locates and retrieves information/materials to answer questions in person, by phone, by email, and by IM or Chat.
- Educates patrons in the use of equipment and resources including the online catalog, databases, microform reader-printers, and copiers.
- Provides support, training, and troubleshooting for the library's online resources and downloadables as it relates to e-readers, tablets, and other mobile devices
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains awareness of current trends and issues in librarianship via professional reading and participation in library-related listservs, webinars, professional conferences, etc.
- Assists with the training and development of library staff not directly supervised.
- Plans, promotes, and implements the adult summer reading program.
- Uses online tools to develop community centric programs and collections.
- Provides education and support for the public and staff for library resources.
- Creates, updates, and distributes department's marketing material.
- May provide input on performance evaluations of staff not directly supervised.
- Serves on library and/or city committees.
This position is responsible for supervision of City employee(s).
Highest level supervised: non-exempt employee(s).
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Knowledge of library reference and reader advisory, standard library arrangement and description, and materials collection development. Ability to conduct a reference interview, locate information in print and online resources. Ability to plan programs and outreach services. Ability to provide strong customer service to customers of all ages and backgrounds. Ability to positively inspire and energize customers and staff about library services and materials. Ability to work independently, complete tasks on time and constructively problem solve. Ability to supervise staff and volunteers. Must possess strong presentation skills and general knowledge of computer and Microsoft office tools. Spanish language proficiency a plus. General knowledge of applicable employment law.
Accountability, Collaboration, Courtesy and kindness, Innovation, Integrity, Safety,
Job specific competencies:
Job Knowledge, Community Relations, Leadership, Time Management
Licensure and/or certifications:
Dynamic library environment with extensive public contact, may require sitting for extended periods of time, repetitive motion tasks, reaching, bending, kneeling, and moving or positioning objects up to 20 pounds. Moves and positions carts of library materials up to fifty (50) pounds. Requires frequent retrieval of reading materials on library shelves, which are located from five (5) inches to eighty (80) inches above the floor. Flexible schedule requires some evening & weekend hours.
Material and equipment directly used:Library III integrated system; online databases, the Internet, PCs, microform reader-printers, mobile technology, photocopiers, fax, telephone, city van, and audio visual equipment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.
Located on the edge of a revitalizing downtown, the Loveland Public Library exists as a
community space and welcoming environment for patrons of all ages, backgrounds and
abilities. With a budget of $3.7 million and a beautiful space of 60,000 sq. ft., staffing includes
41 full and part time benefitted employees (32.5 FTE.) Library staff are especially proud of
their innovative programming.
To Apply Visit: www.cityofloveland.org