We have an opening for a fulltime Clinical Medicine Reference Librarian at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver, CO. Here is the job description.
- Provide quality information services, and user education to meet the knowledge-based information needs of Saint Joseph Hospital Medical Staff, residents, employees, patients, and the community.
- Be highly flexible and adaptable in the evolving field of Medical Librarianship.
- Provide bibliographic and reference service including online literature searches.
- Assess information needs and provide information using computerized databases, the Internet, and reference resources. Perform quality filtering of the results as needed.
- Assist and instruct users on systems including the online catalog, online bibliographic systems, Internet resources, and other information retrieval systems.
- Provide library orientation to new library and hospital staff and physicians.
- Assist patients and families in the use of the consumer health information service and assist the manager in evaluating the collection and services.
- Train support staff on automated library systems as required
- Provide assistance and backup support as needed for serials, interlibrary loan, circulation, or other library functions, as directed by the manager.
- Assist the manager in evaluating the scope and quality of the professional collection and online systems. Recommend new acquisitions and services.
- Assist the library manager with developing the budget, quality improvement activities, and developing policies and procedures.
- Participate on hospital committees and improvement teams, as directed by manager.
- Identify professional development needs and opportunities and contribute to professional organizations as appropriate.
Master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or from a Master's level program in library and information studies accredited or recognized by the appropriate national body of another country. Two (2) years of experience in a special Library.
- Online literature searching experience specifically in clinical medicine and consumer health databases.
o Preferred: Clinical reference experience with OVID MEDLINE, EMBASE, EBM Databases, CINAHL, PubMed, Clinical Key for Physicians and Nurses, OCLC World Management System (WMS), TRIP, the Internet, and other online resources and/or a willingness to learn. o Preferred: Consumer health experience with patient education databases and resources and/or a willingness to learn.
- Evidence of teaching and presentation skills.
- Preferred: Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals of the Medical Library Association.
The Clinical Research Library within Saint Joseph Hospital provides medical information to physicians, nurses, allied health, administrators, and patients and family members in the hospital. We seek a highly customer oriented, efficient, and friendly person, that is familiar with medical terminology and searching several clinical medicine databases, as well as consumer health websites. In our community, we provide systematic reviews and training for Nursing research fellows. Apply via Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Reference+Librarian+SCL+Health&l=Denver%2C+CO, or our company's website at: https://www.sclhealth.org/careers/
Carrie Rose 303-813-5560