This job is more than 3 weeks old or the application deadline has passed.
Are you skilled in maintaining a safe and secure public environment? Do you have a track record of continued improvement involving safety and security procedures and policies? Are you passionate and skilled at working directly with the public and diverse communities to create positive outcomes? If you have public safety and security skills that will contribute to the Library's success, this full time position may be for you!
- Be our resource for emergency preparedness/response and building safety and security in our library operations.
- Develop safety and security policies and procedures through various means including reviewing incident reports, analyzing data and inspecting facilities.
- Act as first point of contact for threat assessment and risk analysis.
- Communicate safety and security information to library staff and patrons; and provide necessary support to resolve issues and concerns involving patron incidents.
- Be a leader providing coaching, ongoing support and training for library managers and frontline employees on safety and security issues.
- Interface with the library social work team to ensure best practices for patrons experiencing homelessness, substance misuse issues, and mental health concerns.
- Coordinate safety and security system testing and conduct emergency drills.
- Liaison with law enforcement entities and other entities in the community and county government.
- Recommend building access procedures including administration and maintenance of library building access control system, distribution of physical keys, employee access codes and keyless entry system.
- Manage installation, maintenance, and code compliance of electronic security and life safety systems such as fire and intrusion systems.
- Oversee the performance of our security vendor/contractor; coordinate and oversee assignment of contracted security personnel.
- Be the lead for the Library's COOP (continuance of operations plan) - monitor, test, and oversee ongoing maintenance of the COOP.
- Coordinate with senior management and planning groups to ensure budgeted funds for physical security upgrades and security measures.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent upon criminal history check, motor vehicle record check and education verification.
** Please be aware: Due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is
possible that email correspondence sent from "govermentjobs.com" could be sent to your sp am
folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if
any updates (such as a request for an interview) might have been posted.
When completing an application on NeoGov, you should receive a confirma tion notice within a
few minutes of submitting your application. Again, please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Ma il
folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, you can
then select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk. This should allow for futur e
messages to get through to your inbox.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in law enforcement or security field required.
- High level communications and customer service skills with the ability to evaluate and de-escalate emotional situations is required.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED required (or must be obtained within 6 months of employment).
- Valid Colorado driver's license required.
- Ability to stand, walk and exert 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Previous experience overseeing security personnel preferred.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Recruitment Coordinator: 303.275.6168
Apply on Governmentjobs.com