The Clinical Research Library within Saint Joseph Hospital provides medical information to physicians, nurses, allied health, administrators, and patients and family members in the hospital. We seek a customer oriented, efficient, and friendly person, that has some experience processing interlibrary loans on DOCLINE or OCLC or who can easily learn these skills and operate autonomously and independently, following training. The candidate should have the capability to provide coverage at varying times throughout the year and be flexible with regard to scheduling.
Carrie Rose 303-813-5560
We have an opening at Saint Joseph Hospital, in downtown Denver, for an “as-needed” library technician. This person will cover when the Library Technicians are out of the office. The hours will vary and can be from days to several weeks in duration. There may be several months between job assignments. This is a good position for someone who is retired or someone who wants to make extra income and has morning hours open. Depending upon the duration of the coverage required, some hours may be shared with another PRN Library Technician, as necessary.
Library I Tech - Medical Library- Req No 1860313
Provide efficient access to medical resources through processing interlibrary loans, providing document delivery, maintaining an orderly book and journal collection through shelving and shelf reading, performing circulation, processing books, processing mail, and other duties as assigned.
- Promote mission, vision and values of SCL Health.
- Actively fulfill Best in the Nation goals.
- Perform interlibrary loan activities through daily use of online systems such as DOCLINE & OCLC.
- Distribute requested materials via Internet, courier services, etc.
- Interact with patrons and other libraries.
- Maintain orderly print collection through shelving books, journals, and audiovisual materials.
- Photocopy articles requested by physicians and staff, as required.
- Perform circulation functions including checking in and out, registering patrons and sending overdue notices.
- Perform other duties as assigned
High school diploma required.
Some knowledge of standard library routines, principles, methods, and techniques equivalent to one year of clerical or technical library experience.
Preferred: Knowledge of medical terminology.
Previous office experience in a medical environment. Computer efficiency.
: SJD-Medical Library
: USA-CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas
Department: SJD-Medical Library