WAND, Inc. (www.wandinc.com) is the global leader in taxonomies and taxonomy-related services. We are a small company utilizing a taxonomy-based approach to help clients organize information to meet our clients' business objectives. We help our clients develop the categories and metadata they need to organize information and also help classify information into these categories.
We are looking for Data Classification Specialists to support an ongoing customer project. WAND is creating, maintaining, and developing the data model that our client uses for its analytics engine.
The person in this role will be responsible for
- Organizing large amounts of financial transaction data into a set of custom categories
- Learning a simple rules language and developing query-rules to facilitate classification of data
- Building additional categories as required by the data.
- Providing feedback and suggestions to technical team on process and tool improvements.
- Collaborating and troubleshooting with other team members who will be working on the data set simultaneously.
- Developing, documenting, and following data organization standards
This role will primarily be dedicated to a specific customer project but there will be opportunities to work on other WAND projects for variety as well as learn about taxonomies, ontologies, and data organization concepts.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Enjoy organizing
- Outstanding internet research, searching, and sleuthing skills
- Outstanding computer skills (including being comfortable learning new and evolving software tools).
- Demonstrably detail oriented (this is actually important!! It is NOT just something we are generically putting as a required skill. This is detail-oriented work. You should be interested in getting into the weeds)
- Proven ability to maintain motivation and solid focus through many hours of repetitive tasks
- Sharp problem solving and analytical skills, along with ability to learn from history and actively help errors from reoccurring
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity, with ability to make sound judgment calls
- Curious. Enjoys learning.
- Comfortable spending the majority of your time working on a computer.
- Comfortable working independently
- Accountable. Responsible. Team Player.
Relevant classification experience like records management, library cataloging, or spend analytics is nice but not required - we will train the right person. WAND has been in business for more than 20 years. We offer a positive, supportive working environment with a small, dedicated, welcoming team.
$35,000/year salary plus benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, paid holidays, paid time off, fitness room in office building.
mleher at wandinc.com
No recruiters. Direct applicants only.