SALARY: $51,689 minimum yearly
HOURS: 40 hours per week, FLSA exempt; may include occasional nights and weekends
EDUCATION: ALA/MLS with a minimum of three years of experience in a public library and supervisory experience.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING IS REQUIRED.
- Develops objectives and key results for the branch, stays informed of the needs and interests of all ages, and ensures creative and innovative programs that meet the needs of the local community
- Participates in the interview and selection process for all branch staff
- Oversees daily functions of the library including scheduling, building and security needs, patron interactions, and library procedures
- Sets standards for the branch to provide superior customer service when assisting patrons of all ages with information requests, reader’s advisory questions, computers, digital devices, and other library equipment
- Regularly meets with branch staff to coordinate their training, guide and supervise their work, evaluate their performance and to review policy and procedural information
- Oversees the branch programming budget, extra hours budget and any funds from the local Friends of the Library
- Builds relationship within the community, attending meetings and connecting to local services outside of the library
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of professional library principles, procedures, materials and practices
- Forward-thinking with the drive to set and accomplish long-term goals for the branch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable and proficient with technology with the ability to work with a variety of devices and audio-visual equipment
- Ability to establish deadlines, monitor progress, develop reports, and facilitate communication among teams
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal and customer service skills that display a positive attitude, cultural sensitivity, and a sense of humor with the ability to interface with people from all backgrounds and age groups
- Creative, organized and flexible with the ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Driver’s license valid in the State of South Carolina with the ability to drive to other libraries or community outreach
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com