Under the direction of the Library District Director, this position is responsible for assisting with operations and supervision at all Clear Creek County Library District branches. Working in a team environment with the Library District Director, the HR Director/Administrator, the Development Director, the Program Coordinator and the IT Coordinator, collaboration is a vital component to this position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: scheduling, training and assisting with the management of both paid and volunteer staff, management of all building supply ordering and acquisitions and contributing to the preparation of the annual budget. The Library Coordinator must have a working knowledge of all positions throughout the Library District and an ability to help train. The Library Coordinator is also responsible for working the circulation desk and performing standard librarian duties such as: assisting patrons, maintaining library organization and contributing to the duties associated with material accessioning. Performs other duties as required.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
- Acts as an integral liaison between the various levels of the organizational structure.
- Provides all patrons with excellent customer service in order to consistently deliver a positive library experience, both in person and over the phone.
- Promotes the Library District throughout the community.
- Expands and enhances knowledge of library trends and developments on a regular basis through the ongoing pursuit of educational opportunities.
- The Library Coordinator works under the Library District Director and assists in the direct supervision of all Library Assistants, Library Clerks, Substitute Librarians and volunteers.
- Adhere to all Clear Creek County Library District policies and procedures, and all laws and regulations as they pertain to the management of the libraries.
- Assist in the enforcement of all policies of the District Library Board and recommend changes or suggest new policies to the Library District Director and the HR Director/Administrator as needed.
- Work with the management team to hire and train all Clear Creek County Library District staff.
- Assist Library District Director with the supervision and direction of staff.
- Assist Library District Director with the establishment of performance standards and determination of work priorities and deadlines.
- Suggest timely and appropriate disciplinary action to the Library District Director. If necessary, recommend termination of employment to the Library District Director.
- Suggest advancement for high-performing personnel.
- Participate and contribute to the annual performance review and appraisal process.
- Plan work schedule of staff and volunteers and assist staff with work overload.
- Respond to and handle inquiries and complaints, forwarding complaints to Library District Director when appropriate.
- Cooperate with Library Assistants to handle and process holds, interlibrary loan requests, material accessioning and cataloging.
- Maintain a relationship with patrons through working at the circulation desk.
- Generate circulation and catalogue reports for collection management and patron services.
- Assist Library District Director with the production of an annual budget; this includes budget oversight as well as working within budget, particularly in the areas concerning collection development, operations, and staff needs.
- Prepare weekly cash deposits for all library locations.
- Submit bills to Library District Director on a timely basis.
- Provide assistance to the Library District Director and the Development Director with grant-writing, getting bids, or other projects as required.
- Read and act on mail, including passing on mail to the Library District Director as appropriate.
- Maintain the buildings, grounds and equipment as required to present an attractive and safe library environment.
- Contribute to the development of an annual maintenance plan for all library branches.
- Inform the Library District Director of anticipated problems or opportunities and make recommendations.
- Attend District Library Board and Building Advisory Committee meetings if requested by the Library District Director.
- Manage the preparation of regular displays at both Library branches, including delegation of related duties.
- Assist with collection development and material accessioning as needed.
- Remove outdated materials and books from library collection on a regularly scheduled basis, maintain the database, and regularly conduct an inventory of all materials.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of three (3) years of library experience preferred.
High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s preferred. Three (3) years of library or management experience is accepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Must have strong organizational skills. Must be able to apply the principles and techniques of library science and operations with training; must be proficient in budget and staff management; must be proficient in word processing, and with general computer knowledge; requires good professional judgment and excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and the ability to maintain positive community relations. Supervisory skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is primarily performed in an office environment, and includes the following physical activities: standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and keyboarding. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Hearing voice conversation is essential to safe and effective job performance. Clear Creek Library District provides reasonable job-related accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Description of Community
Located in the mountains just 20 miles west of Denver along the I-70 corridor, Clear Creek County includes the historic mountain communities of Idaho Springs, Dumont, Downieville, Lawson, Empire, Georgetown, and Silver Plume. A haven for history buffs and outdoor enthusiasts alike, Clear Creek County has something for everyone. Clear Creek County is a unique mountain community that is conveniently close to Denver and ski areas alike.
Our Library District serves the county-wide population of 9,000+ people via two community library locations as well as a new Archives Library.
Cameron Marlin, HR Director/Administrator
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: January 29, 2019.
Required ability to pass a background check after the offer to hire has been made.
Applications can be found on our website through the "Jobs" link located on the bottom of each page.