The Arthur Lakes Library of the Colorado School of Mines invites applications for the position of Systems Architecture and Web Services Librarian. We are seeking a creative, tech-savvy professional who is not just enthralled with the wild world of library platforms, systems, and applications, but also deeply passionate about how to optimize them to perform as a cohesive, unified systems architecture and a fully integrated information environment. The successful candidate will also take the lead on advancing the Library’s web presence (https://www.mines.edu/library/), designing an engaging and effective experience for our users.
Working in a highly collaborative, small team environment, the candidate’s technical leadership responsibilities will intersect with many of the library’s key strategic initiatives. Come join our team as we build a great STEM research library at a world-class STEM research institution!
The Systems Architecture and Web Services Librarian provides leadership for the design, development, implementation, documentation, policy development, assessment, and maintenance of the overall technical architecture of the Library’s multiple platforms and systems, to ensure a fully integrated information environment that optimally supports and advances the mission of the Library and the University:
- Responsible for all phases of systems-level projects to implement, administer, configure, support, and document library systems.
- Leads the robust development, maintenance, and usability testing of the Library’s web presence.
- Serves as a key member of the Library’s collaborative technology team, working closely with the Systems Discovery Librarian to ensure systems integrate seamlessly with one another to support the effective storage, retrieval, and access to library resources.
- Serves as the primary library liaison to Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies (CCIT) staff, to a) ensure library information systems effectively interoperate with the University’s broader academic enterprise computing infrastructure, and b) assure functionality of hardware and software of public and staff computers, printers, and equipment in the Library.
- Engage directly with users to support their information needs.
The successful candidate will also participate as an active member of the Mines library faculty, serving on Library and university committees. As an academic library faculty member in a promotion track position, s/he will actively engage in and disseminate the output of scholarly research that advances library and information science and interact with the professional community on a regional, state, national and/or international level, both formally and informally.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Experience in library systems administration and familiarity with library-specific technology, software, standards, and protocols (e.g., library services platforms, link resolvers, proxy servers, VPNs, metadata harvesting standards, etc.)
- Experience with web authoring languages and content management systems (e.g., HTML, XML, XSL, WordPress, etc.)
- Experience with dynamic scripting languages and interfaces, (e.g., Perl, PHP, Java, APIs, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices for user design
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems (e.g., Windows, Mac, UNIX, etc.), desktop and peripherals infrastructure, cloud and mobile environments
- Ability to work well in a wide range of project environments from independent initiatives to collaborative committee undertakings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Apply at: http://jobs.mines.edu/cw/en-us/job/493321/systems-architecture-and-web-services-librarian