The Library Services Coordinator manages the essential library operations of the Library and Learning Commons at Arapahoe Community College. This senior librarian position oversees the circulation desk, tracks circulation statistics and lost materials, and provides operational and statistical information to the library director and reference librarians. The Library Services Coordinator also supervises student assistants, maintains the web-based library system, ensures user-centered web content is clear and up-to-date, and provides expertise in managing and troubleshooting electronic resources.
The Library and Learning Commons is a welcoming, inclusive environment that supports the mission of the College and promotes success for students and the community. This is an ideal position for a librarian that is confident in their ability to provide exemplary library services, is energetic, detail-oriented, and committed to supporting student success.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Three years of professional library experience in academic and/or public libraries.
- Must be available to open the library weekdays; this requires a 7:15 AM arrival during fall and spring semesters and a 7:45 AM arrival during summer and between semesters.
- One year experience in administering library systems.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively under tight deadlines on a team and individually.
- Advanced working knowledge of office tools such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive learning & work environment and demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to access and analyze data for effective decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to maintain a professional and calm demeanor in all interactions with students, faculty, staff, and public patrons.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications (if applicable), and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.