The Library Associate II/Circulation position is paraprofessional library work supervising Library Shelvers, assisting in the operation of circulation, and providing exceptional customer service at the library's circulation desk. This individual would work with other supervisors to contribute to the overall goals of the library, steer the outcomes of the shelving group, and seek to find new and creative solutions to workflow management. As a supervisor, the Library Associate would develop an environment that inspires progressive thinking, and the ability for all staff to work well under minimal supervision. Position requires working some evenings and weekends, and some holidays. Requires willingness to travel to work at all City library facilities.
The full salary range for this position is stated below. The starting range of pay is dependent on qualifications and experience of each individual candidate. The City of Westminster offers a bonus of up to $1,500 per year depending on the employee's fluency in Spanish, Hmong, and/or Laotian.
Requisition Number: 19-00002
Salary Range: $42,782.30 - $54,764.97 annually
Closing Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019; 8:30 a.m.
Centrally located between Denver and Boulder, Colorado, on the US Highway 36 high-tech corridor, Westminster is a beautiful city designed for an exceptional quality of life. The community is a nationally recognized community with a reputation for innovation and progressive management in local government. Over 113,000 residents enjoy superb recreation amenities, beautiful neighborhoods, numerous entertainment and shopping opportunities. Westminster is 80% developed and maintains a goal to preserve 15% (3,300 acres) of its land area for natural open space.
Education, Experience, Skills, Formal Training, Licenses, and Certifications
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Cash handling experience
- Strong experience and skills in providing exceptional customer service: helpful, friendly, energetic, and adaptable
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience, preferably in a library setting, including hiring, scheduling, and appraisals
- Interpersonal and judgment skills necessary to work effectively with Library users, staff and patrons
- Above-average computer skills and experience
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record throughout employment
- Graduation from a four-year college or university
- Three (3) years of library circulation services experience
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
A City online application is required for all positions and is due by 8:30 a.m. on the closing date. Applications are available online at www.cityofwestminster.us/jobs