The Arthur Lakes Library of the Colorado School of Mines invites applications for a Research Librarian position. The position is half-time at 20 hours/week position on evenings and weekends, with specific hours to be determined according to Library service needs and in consultation with the successful candidate. This is an academic faculty position, non-tenure-track. Benefits are included.
As our successful candidate, you will staff the Library’s new Scholars Hub during evenings and weekend hours to provide faculty, staff, and students with extended hours of professional library services. Services will include both in-person and online reference service. You will work with the library team to promote and connect our users to the full array of Scholars Hub services, including scholarly communications, copyright consultation, library engagement and outreach, information literacy and library instruction. As time permits, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to assigned strategic projects and initiatives that leverage your particular skills, experience, and interest. You will serve as a primary point of contact for any building safety and security needs during evening and weekend hours.
Come join our team as we build a great STEM research library at a world-class STEM research institution!
Reference and Research Services
- Serve as the primary provider of library reference and research services during evening and weekend hours, including walkup reference services and online chat reference service.
- Serve as a member of the Library’s Research & Instruction Team, participating in the development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the Library’s reference and instruction services.
- Maintain awareness of new reference service strategies, resources, and trends.
- Develop and update library research guides in collaboration and coordination with the Library’s Research & Instruction team.
- Serve as the primary point of contact during on-duty hours to explain and promote Scholars Hub services, including scholarly communications, copyright consultation, library engagement, outreach, library instruction, and more.
- Contribute to assigned projects that support strategic library initiatives as well as leverage the successful candidate’s particular skills, experience, and interests. Undertake other special projects within the position’s areas of responsibility as appropriate and specified by the University Librarian and the Library’s Research and Instruction Team.
- Building Security
- Serve as the primary professional presence while on duty during the library’s evening and weekend hours.
- Serve as an initial point of contact for any building personnel, safety, security, or maintenance issues that arise during on-duty hours; and provide guidance and assistance to Front Desk workers in these areas.
- Communicate with library faculty and staff, including the University Librarian, on any building issues that arise during on-duty hours.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Background or experience working in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic) setting
- Experience with Springshare LibApps products
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veterans status) and upload a resume, cover letter addressing the position’s required and preferred qualifications and a copy of unofficial transcripts (required). Incomplete application packages will not be accepted.