Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center
An employee in this position is responsible for supervising the Community Relations staff, and developing and delivering marketing campaigns and materials through a variety of media to keep the residents of Cumberland County informed and aware of the library's services, programs, and resources. This position also supports the Division Manager of Marketing and Communications in facilitating internal staff communications and fundraising.
- Coordinates a broad communications program by developing system wide communication plans for library services, programs, promotions, special events, and public awareness campaigns.
- Supervises the Community Relations staff to lead a cohesive team with varying levels of participation and responsibilities. Conducts employee evaluations and offers frequent constructive feedback to improve content created by the department. Reviews and approves/denies leave requests and timesheets.
- Identifies emerging communications trends and recommends the implementation of communications channels for library promotion. Supervises the development of quality promotional materials and digital content.
- Participates in staff orientation and training in the areas of public awareness of library programs and services and training for use of related software such Sign Ups/Spaces. Attends committee and team meetings.
- Provides guidance to help ensure the esthetics of interior design and external signage for all locations are informative and attractive.
- Participates in professional development and growth.
- Participates in budget preparation process by submitting recommendations for equipment, personnel and supplies.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Selected applicant must have or obtain, and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; must have access to transportation; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
two (2) years of work experience in journalism, community relations or public relations and demonstrated knowledge of printing production.
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, Reesa Eastman (910) 323-6101
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Ms. Dagmar Aerdelman at (910) 483-7727 extension 1305, fax: (910) 486-5372, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 678-7653; Library website: http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccplsite/