20 hours per week
Must be available M-F 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Are you looking for a position that will challenge you and constantly teach you new skills while you work on your Library Science degree? Then come work for an academic health sciences library that strives to provide you with opportunities to learn and develop crucial skills for success in librarianship. This position will provide you with a background in health sciences and the opportunity to engage in projects and tasks that can directly align with your career goals.
The person in this position will provide research assistance through virtual and in-person reference services, teach library classes, give tours, and provide departmental support in a busy academic health sciences library that serves students, staff, faculty, clinicians, and researchers.
Duties of the graduate assistant
- Provide reference assistance in-person at the service desk, by phone and electronically via chat and email to students, staff, and faculty while staffing the AskUs service
- Conduct reference and information interviews interviews with students, faculty, and other library users in order to recommend resources, assist users with locating and using online journals and books, and assist and instruct users in the use of library systems and databases
- Create and update resource guides and handouts in multiple format types, including Drupal, LibGuides, and Microsoft Word
- Teach introductory library classes and orientations, such as PubMed and EndNote.
- Assist in the scheduling of regular library classes or the Teaching Labs
- Participate in the creation of online video tutorials using software such as Camtasia and TechSmith Relay
- Work closely with members of the Education and Reference department on special projects as assigned.
Currently enrolled graduate student in a library information science program.
Strong customer service skills, including the ability to work well with the public.
Ability to work independently.
Knowledge of library research methods.
Knowledge of or an ability to learn common library software and tools.
Knowledge of or an ability to learn a variety of web application tools.
Knowledge of health sciences.
Interest in teaching and learning.
Visit https://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu/jobs/student-asst-iv to access the application form.
Submit the complete application form with a resumé, cover letter, and the names and contact information (must include phone number, email address, and indication of relationship) for three references.
Send application materials to:
Christi Piper, Health Sciences Library, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, 12950 E. Montview Blvd., MS A003, Aurora CO 80045
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the position or application, please contact Christi Piper at 303-724-2170 or email@example.com.