The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work to market the library by constantly straightening, shelving, maintaining face-out materials and informing patrons about programs, events and services available to them.
- Participate in the design and maintenance to displays and bulletin boards.
- Maintain the atmosphere that is conducive to learning and addresses issues that interfere with patron positive usage.
- Work effectively with information resources and the circulation and cataloging systems.
- Provide readers' advisory services to all age levels.
- Work morning, evening and weekend hours of operation as needed.
- Perform all daily library circulation operations and assist patrons with circulation services.
- With the guidance of a Librarian, occasionally develop informative and entertaining programs and delivers programs to audiences in the library.
- Assist with special library projects and outreach to the community.
- Roves the library to interact with patrons, provide assistance, and maintain both collections and public areas.
- Assist patrons in finding and using library resources, including reference materials, audiovisual equipment, computers, public access catalog, reference databases, and electronic resources.
- Provide assistance to teachers and students by locating materials and supporting students as they complete special projects.
- Maintains the collection which may include shelf reading, shifting, cleaning books and weeding on a weekly basis.
- Process materials as needed and assist in the selection of materials in your assigned area.
- Responsible for first level technology support for patrons.
- Uphold the patron's rights embodied in the First Amendment of the constitution of the United States, the Colorado confidentiality Law and the Bill of Rights
- Uphold copyright and anti-discrimination and bias-free laws and regulations.
This is a Part-Time Position.
Hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am- 11: 00 am
Plus one Saturday shift a month is required
SUMMARY: Coordinate and maintain the day-to-day operations of a school and public library; to perform technical/clerical duties; assist users in locating the appropriate resources. Additional duties may include planning and implementing patron programs or supporting other staff as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to research reference questions and serve the informational needs of patrons.
- Assist patrons with all aspects of circulation services.
- Assist with special library projects and public relations activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons to understand and fulfill their requests.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong library and reference skills.
- Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint and able to train patrons in basic usage.
- Knowledge of online email accounts and able to teach patrons basic usage.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and vitality for the assigned position.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patrons, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow library policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with computer applications.
- Ability to work with, maintain and troubleshoot problems with library equipment including computers, photocopiers, and audiovisual equipment.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Associates Degree Required