Assistant Librarian - Data Management - (19000677)
The University of Wyoming seeks applicants for a Data Management Librarian. This position provides data management and curation services to UW researchers, faculty members and students.
Provide leadership and management for the UW Libraries' data repository. Work with campus partners including the Advanced Research Computing Center and the Office of Research and Economic Development to manage the lifecycle of datasets related to UW faculty research. Provide consultation services to UW researchers and faculty about data management plans, data sharing platforms and funder requirements for datasets. Coordinate with library systems staff and university IT for the development and maintenance of the data repository. Partner with librarians for outreach to university faculty and departments. Provide training on the data repository and data management best practices for staff, librarians, faculty, and students. Work closely with Digital Collections staff on repository support and maintenance, data preservation, as well as outreach and educational workshops. Maintain expertise in developments in funding agency requirements as well as new data management tools and technologies.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. (http://www.uwyo.edu/generalcounsel/_files/docs/UW-Reg-7-631.pdf.) This position reports to the Head of Digital Collections.
Qualifications REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- ALA-accredited MLS, MIS, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with librarians and faculty from multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the research data lifecycle and research processes
- Experience with Dspace digital repository platform or similar systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata standards (such as DataCite, Dublin Core, MODs, RDF, MARC XML)
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital conversion, file transfer and management, and preservation of archiving data
- Experience working in informatics, scientific research or managing research data
- Demonstrated success with project management, leading project groups/teams, and bringing diverse stakeholders together
- Experience working with datasets, including data management, curation and retrieval
- Experience with scripting & programming languages (such as PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, XSLT, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the data management practices and requirements of researchers and external funding bodies (NSF, NIH, etc.)
- Familiarity with aspects of copyright and licensing relating to the the deposit, discoverability, sharing and reuse of research data
- Familiarity with institutional or subject based data repository systems and tools
- Demonstrated research interest and scholarly activity in the field
- Masters degree in a data intensive research field
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.