Assistant Librarian - Discovery and Metadata - (19000676)
The University of Wyoming Libraries seek applicants for a Discovery & Metadata Librarian position. This position provides leadership to ensure access to materials acquired by the Libraries and a streamlined discovery experience for users.
- Develop and assess efficient workflows for the enhancement of library discovery service.
- Coordinate ILS data exports for system synchronization between multiple discovery systems, accreditation, reporting, statistics, and as requested. Work with Library IT on automation of processes where possible.
- Monitor trends and best practices in resource description formats and linked data.
- Coordinate database maintenance projects both bulk and manual.
- Bulk data editing, profiling, loading and post-load editing of MARC records to our Sierra system. Configuration and documentation of editing and loading practices.
- Train appropriate personnel, chiefly cataloging staff, to participate in projects.
- Coordinate with Electronic Resources Librarian on record acquisition.
- Work with outsourced cataloging vendors on configurations, changes, and questions referred by cataloging staff.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue and active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. (http://www.uwyo.edu/generalcounsel/_files/docs/UW-Reg-7-631.pdf.). This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in cataloging and record manipulation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with librarians and staff from multiple library units and to work as a team
- Experience with MARC, RDA, LCC, OCLC, and an integrated library system
- Knowledge of MARCEdit for manipulation of MARC records
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in cataloging and catalog record manipulation.
- Knowledge of an additional MARC data manipulation tools, such as OpenRefine, PyMARC, etc.
- Knowledge of linked data
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.