The Library Instruction Assistant provides research help and staff coverage, teaches library instruction sessions, and works on special projects at RRCC’s Lakewood and Arvada campuses. This position requires a flexible schedule, including one weekday evening (until 9:00 pm, Mondays-Thursdays) and occasional Saturdays (8:00 am – 4:00 pm). The Library Instruction Assistant reports to the Instruction Librarian.
Duties of the position:
- Teach library instruction to various disciplines on an ongoing basis;
- Provide research help to RRCC students, faculty, and staff in-person and by telephone, email, videoconference (Zoom), and instant message (AskAcademic);
- Collaborate with the Instruction Librarian to create curriculum materials, including research guides, assessment tools, and tutorials;
- Assist with other special projects, events, and outreach activities;
- Support general library operations, including helping student workers with daily tasks
Additional Info & Requirements
- Coursework or professional experience in library reference;
- Coursework or professional experience in library instruction;
- Experience with learning management systems;
- Experience with video editing and production;
- Experience with being a social media administrator.
For questions about this position please contact Julia.email@example.com, or by phone at 303.914.6748
This position will remain open until filled.
Please, send resume and cover letter via this link: https://jobs.rrcc.edu/library-instruction-assistant-library-science-graduate-students-only/job/10756572