The City of Aurora's Library and Cultural Services Department is looking for a Library Security Clerk to provide the highest level of customer service. This individual will provide customer service and will be a main point of contact to visitors.
The ideal candidate will possess experience with working in a library system, pay close attention to detail and have excellent customer service skills that allow them to work within a diverse network of coworkers and patrons. They will also have cash handling experience in addition to a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
The Library and Cultural Services Departments vision is to empower an environment of lifelong learning and cultural enrichment by stimulating learning and literacy, inspiring creativity, and integrating arts, culture and history into the lives of Aurorans. We have two divisions within the department: Library and Cultural Services, both offering a variety of free programs and services to the community.
- 6 locations
- Books, CDs, DVDs, magazines
- Database and language learning programs
- Public computers
- Study space
- Retirement centers and community events and programs or activities for all ages
- Aurora History Museum
- Aurora Fox Theater
- Bicentennial Arts Center
- The Show Wagon
- Art in Public Places collection (over 240 commissioned pieces around the city)
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbents perform basic and routine customer service functions such as:
- Checking materials in and out
- Answering and referring inquires
- Collecting fines and payments
- Performing data entry, driving, delivering, sorting, lifting and shelving material
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer service and/or retail experience.
- Cash handling experience
- Knowledge or experience of library systems or software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer knowledge which includes the use of Microsoft Office
- Pays close attention to detail
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Licenses and Certifications: As assigned, specialized certifications may be required, such as:
- Driver's License
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light to sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift 40 pounds with or without assistance
- Frequent lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard
- Vision to read and interpret reports, documents and other written information
- Frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment with shared work stations and equipment
- Shift work to include days, nights, working weekends and holidays
- Frequently uses computer keyboard and telephone, fax machines, printers and copiers. This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Pay: $15.45 to $19/hour
$15.45 - $19
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2392435