Job title: Studio Host (part host, part connector, part problem-solver)
Business Unit: Studio
Hiring Pay range: $15.05 - $17.31
Job Type: Part-time; non-exempt
At Anythink, we believe that everyone is creative and that creativity comes in many forms. We are guided by the philosophy that customers of all ages thrive when they discover and follow their passions, collaborate with others and become creators. As a part-time studio host, you help facilitate these opportunities and support individuals in their creative pursuits. You are comfortable working with people of all ages in a lively and bustling space, designed to encourage creativity. You love establishing an environment where people with a variety of skill levels feel welcome. You believe in the importance of lifelong learning and inspire curiosity in others.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- You are a natural troubleshooter, working together with customers to discover solutions or finding the answers they need.
- You are a creator at heart: You love experimenting with different tools and are able to connect customers with relevant information, technology and experiences.
- You were born with a sense of curiosity and adventure.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary experience to customers of all ages.
- You are a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You are an active listener with lots of patience.
- You inspire fun in the people around you
- You promote Studio Sessions focusing on a variety of skills and topics, including but not limited to STEAM, digital media, the maker movement and artistic endeavors.
- You are the friendly host of our Studio space, working with our Artists in Residence to create a supportive environment for informal learning and intergenerational collaboration.
- You are the first point of contact in the Studio, connecting customers to the resources they need – whether that’s checking out equipment or introducing customers to new technologies.
- You are an explorer of finding new ways to help people find the appropriate balance of learning and play that empowers them to be successful.
- You love connecting customers with the information, tools and people resources they can use to grow their own expertise.
- You are a genius when it comes to details, accurately tracking the inventory of Studio materials and equipment.
- You are a tech wizard who is confident troubleshooting everything from Windows laptops to pancake printers.
- You are a constant evaluator, contributing to daily reflections and tracking statistics.
- You understand that when the pressure is on, we all work together; you enjoy being part of the team to make it happen – whether that means setting up a dozen stop-motion animation stations or cleaning up after a messy sculpture session.
- You have great ideas to share on district committees.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity
Do you have what it takes?
- High school degree, some college preferred
- You have a demonstrated, intermediate skill level in digital media, making, and/or STEAM.
- You have a mastery of creative software, hardware and tools related to your area of expertise.
- You are tech savvy and can easily operate or learn a variety of technical equipment, from desktops and laptops to 3D printers and recording equipment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, adapt flexibly to changing priorities, and meet deadlines with a high-speed environment.
- At least one year of experience in developing project-based or skill-building programs for youth and adults is highly desired.
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
Why Anythink? A job with Anythink libraries is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers have fun, whether they’re sitting by the fireplace with a newspaper, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing and entertaining programs. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
Human Resources / Job Listings
If you are interested in joining our team, go to the Job Center and apply online: http://www.anythinklibraries.org