Health Sciences Library
CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Are you looking for a position that will challenge you and constantly teach you new skills while you work on your Library Science degree? Then come work for an academic health sciences library that strives to provide you with opportunities to learn and develop crucial skills for success in librarianship. This position will provide you with a background in health sciences and the opportunity to engage in projects and tasks that can directly align with your career goals.
This position will activities related to OER awareness and growth on the Anschutz Medical Campus and support the Education and Reference department by providing research assistance, instruction, and other departmental support. Tasks and activities may include but are not limited to:
- Becoming competent in OER discovery resources and strategies through training and self-paced learning
- Managing or assisting with creation & promotion of OER resources & participation in campus OER outreach events
- Coordination, clerical, or other needed tasks related to OER grant outcomes
- Providing reference assistance in-person at the service desk, by phone and electronically via chat and email to students, staff, and faculty while staffing the AskUs service
- Conducting reference and information interviews with students, faculty, and other library users in order to recommend resources, assist users with locating and using online journals and books, and assist and instruct users in the use of library systems and databases
As soon as practical. This is a temporary position funded through May 2020 with potential for extension (dependent on continued enrollment in MLIS program and grant funding).
- Currently enrolled graduate student in a library information science program.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to work well with the public.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of or interest in Open Educational Resources.
- Interest in teaching and learning.
- Experience working with Springshare’s LibGuides.
- Knowledge of health sciences.
20 hours per week to be worked during the hours listed below:
M-F 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: Application review will begin on April 15, 2019
Visit https://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu/OER-grad-assist to access the application form.
Submit the complete application form with a resumé and the names and contact information (must include phone number, email address, and indication of relationship) for three references.
Send application materials to:
Christi Piper via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the position or application, please contact Christi Piper at 303-724-2170 or email@example.com.