Are you interested in opportunities to develop and sharpen your skills in inclusive outreach, programming, library instruction, and assessment?
The Community College of Aurora is creating a new position that will focus on creating curricular and co-curricular projects to support information literacy and retention efforts among on-campus and concurrent enrollment students.
The Student Success Librarian will coordinate with colleagues across the college in both Academic and Student Affairs and will participate in efforts to understand the impact of the Library on student success.
Ultimately, the successful candidate will value diversity, be committed to Inclusive Excellence, and work well in a collaborative environment.
The Student Success Librarian will:
- Collaborate with library colleagues and campus units to develop and assess student-centered information literacy programs, lesson plans, tutorials, and research guides
- Engage in outreach and the creation of co-curricular programming
- Identify opportunities to support concurrent enrollment students
- Participate in the analysis of program and student learning outcomes
- Provide in-person and online reference and research assistance
- Assist in the support of campus-OER initiatives
- Staff the service desk as needed
- Work occasional evening or weekend hours
Additional Info & Requirements
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science
- Demonstrated proof of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations with sensitivity and respect
- One year experience working in an academic library
- Coursework in or professional experience with student-centered instructional strategies
- Experience providing information literacy instruction
- Experience in creating co-curricular library programming
- Experience working with student success initiatives in a college or university setting
- Experience providing chat reference
- Experience working with Libguides, tutorial design software, chat reference software, or D2L (or other LMS)
- Knowledge of Inclusive Excellence
About the College
The Community College of Aurora (CCA) is located in the Denver, CO metro area. CCA aspires to be the college where every student succeeds. The college is a recent recipient of the American Association of Community College’s 2019 Advancing Diversity Award, affirming our collective work to create a more equitable and inclusive environment for students, staff, and faculty.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
You matter. You are valued. You belong. CCA is a community that is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion through Inclusive Excellence. We can only achieve this together.
CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our College community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement. Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success.
For more information on CCA’s commitment to Inclusive Excellence please visit the Inclusive Excellence page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at HR@ccaurora.edu.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: A review of applications will begin on May 27, 2019. This position will remain posted until filled.