Job Description:Works with school librarians, teachers, administrators, and staff to provide guidance and professional development to enhance library programs. Works as a member of the district library team to collaboratively plan events, literacy events, library programs, and supports the district literacy plan. Serves as a consultant/coach to school librarians and serves as a resource to administrators, staff, community, and other departments at all times.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Occasional lifting five (5) to ten (10) pounds
Occasional bending, squatting, or standing
- Collaboratively plan with CPD, school library staff, IT, and library program co-workers to create ongoing professional growth opportunities for DCSD librarians and staff to enable them to keep current with district initiatives, current library best practices, and to integrate school library programs with instruction.
- Maintain the District Library Media Center collections by conducting yearly inventory, deleting outdated materials and replacing them with current resources to ensure that resources used by DCSD staff are timely and accurate.
- Research authoritative reviews, read novels, and follow the District novel adoption process to enhance student learning and to provide access and reference support for literary works and engaging reading.
- Serve as a resource to administrators, staff, community and other departments at all times, providing support to all stakeholders.
- Provide communications to stakeholders on a regular basis using social media tools and other district-aligned communication channels.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Circulate a wide variety of quality resources on a daily basis using web based software, to DCSD staff members to enhance teaching and learning experiences.
- Plan and conduct regular trainings that provide end users the opportunity to increase their knowledge level on access and use of physical and digital resources using the Information Library System and digital platforms. Provide training with the management of devices for use with e-content and app downloads. Participate in training and retraining required to maintain skill sets necessary to deliver effective and timely support.
- Align and update the district media collection as the curriculum changes by analyzing and evaluating current and available resources and selecting based on needs and demands of all patrons, following the district selection policy.
Certifications:Teachers License - Colorado
Education:Master's Degree: Library Science