Librarian I – Scholarly Communications Librarian
The Dick Smith Library at Tarleton State University is seeking a Scholarly Communication Librarian. Reporting to the Manager for Electronic Resources and Scholarly Communication, this Librarian is responsible for growing and maintaining scholarly communication services available through the Library such as:
- Developing programming to increase awareness about scholarly communication and open educational resources (OER)
- Building collaborative partnerships related to digital initiatives with faculty, researchers, and other campus units
- Monitoring and reporting on trends, legal requirements, and best practices regarding scholarly communication, public access to research, copyright-related scholarly publishing issues, and OER
- Guiding faculty in the discovery, creation, dissemination, identification, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course content.
- Serving as a liaison to one or more academic departments
- Participating in library committees, as well as maintaining professional development through membership on university committees and professional organizations
Requires a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university and demonstrated knowledge of scholarly communication principles such as open access, author's rights, open educational resources, and research metrics. Evidence of strong background in use of MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and MS Outlook. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and presentation skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Evidence of collaboration with others. Ability to use basic print and electronic reference tools.
This is a twelve-month, professional appointment with salary commensurate with experience plus benefits, including choice of group medical and retirement programs; approximately 14 state holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; tuition program; and no state or local income tax.
Desired start date is September 3, 2019. Applications accepted only online at https://www.tarleton.edu/jobs/
Within the online application, candidates will submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references. Full job listing is available at: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TARLETON_External/job/Stephenville-TARLETON/Librarian-I--Scholarly-Communication-Librarian_R-019330
Tarleton State University is a regional university of 13,000 students located in Stephenville, TX. The main campus is one-hour southwest of Fort Worth. A member of The Texas A&M University System, Tarleton is committed to academic excellence. Visit www.tarleton.edu for further information.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check. Tarleton State University, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity.