This job is more than 3 weeks old or the application deadline has passed.
Are you passionate about innovative ways of creating, facilitating and enhancing equity of access to library materials, resources, technology and information outside physical library walls? Are you motivated to bring library resources and services to those with limited accessibility? Are you skilled at working directly with the public and diverse communities to create positive outcomes? If you are ready to contribute to the Library's success, then this part time position may be the job for you!
The Library To You service serves patrons in Jefferson County by bringing library resources and services outside library walls to those with limited accessibility to branches, either due to geographical distance or disabilities, through the library bookmobile, delivery van, home services and mail services. The Library To You service operates out of the Lakewood Library.
- Routinely provide direct customer service in a fast paced environment - we perform 66 stops per month.
- Load materials and tubs for bookmobile collection or home delivery - we circulated over 56,000 items last year!
- Be an information and referral resource to patrons by communicating in person, by phone, mail and via electronic means. Includes providing reader's advisory assistance.
- Locate materials through the use of electronic databases in JCPL, other library systems, or other sources.
- Refer patrons to community resources and other appropriate resources for further information as necessary.
- Be a researcher performing simple to moderately complex research activities; advise patrons on appropriate materials to read, watch and listen to.
- Constantly use new technology to support your work and help patrons with new software, hardware and mobile devices.
- Address and resolve complaints from patrons or forward to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Be a team player in the development and maintenance of instructional tools, databases and reader's advisory materials.
- Promote and present programs, classes, and workshops to various market segments (Children, Teens, Adults, Seniors). Examples may include leading a craft project or science experiment.
- Be an educator who provides library instruction and patron education to the public, individually and in groups. Suggest program needs.
- Contribute to the care of the existing library collection by recommending and weeding of materials.
- Evaluate Bookmobile and cargo van for vehicle maintenance (check tire pressure, mirrors, look for spots underneath the vehicle). Coordinate with Facilities department to schedule performance of routine vehicle maintenance.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must be able to work days, some evenings, weekends and minor holidays as needed.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, motor vehicle record check and education verification.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including frequent standing, walking, lifting, twisting, reaching, carrying and pushing bins or a book cart.
- Part time positions can fill in extra substitute shifts up to 40 hours per week.
- We anticipate starting this position July 22, 2019.
- Minimum of one year direct customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer and technical skills appropriate for the position are required.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills are required.
- Some public library work experience preferred.
- Ability to drive a 28ft bookmobile on designated routes.
- Ability to drive a delivery cargo van on designated routes.
- Valid Colorado Drivers license - must maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to frequently lift 20-30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Recruitment Coordinator | ERD/HR/Payroll, Admin Bldg
Apply on GovernmentJobs.com here