The Reference & Archives Librarian will provide library reference services to students, faculty, and staff at the research help desk. Additionally, the librarian will develop, promote, and deliver engaging information literacy instruction primarily at the Littleton campus with occasional travel to the Parker and Castle Rock campuses. Additional duties include managing the Archives Collection, staying current on library best practices and trends, being actively involved in assessment, performing interlibrary loan duties, and maintaining the Reserve Collection. The evening librarian is responsible for meeting patron needs and following closing procedures as the staff person in charge. This position reports to the Director of the Library & Learning Commons.
The Library and Learning Commons is a welcoming, inclusive environment that supports the mission of the College and promotes success for students and the community. This is an ideal position for a librarian that is confident in their ability to provide exemplary library services, is energetic, detail-oriented, and committed to supporting student success.
June 2019 graduates from an ALA-accredited library school are encouraged to apply.
Additional Info & Requirements
Notice to all Applicants:
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- One year of experience providing exemplary customer service in a library setting.
- Must be able to work a schedule that includes four nights a week until 9:00 PM and Fridays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM during the Fall and Spring Semesters. During the Summer Semester, the Library is open four nights a week until 8:00 PM and Fridays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Ability to travel between ACC campuses as needed.
- Experience evaluating and maintaining an archive collection.
- Experience providing services that utilize print and digital resources.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work productively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and adjust priorities in a changing environment.
- One or more years of experience providing library reference services to a diverse student body at a community college or institution of higher education.
- Experience teaching information literacy in a classroom setting.
- Willingness to keep current on library trends and issues; to learn new applications/technologies for instruction and reference services.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of applicable certifications, and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Applications are only accepted through our Careers site.