Front Range Community College (FRCC) is the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 30,000 credit students annually. FRCC is one of 30 colleges in the AACC Pathways project, was recently selected as a Most Promising Place to Work in Diverse Magazine and was profiled as one of 6 top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. The college has a detailed strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates, a strong assessment program, and invests heavily in professional development for staff and faculty including a college-wide leadership program, Roadmap to Achievement. The college has a strong commitment to equity and actively works to create inclusive communities. For more information, visit www.frontrange.edu. The college has a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan, VISION 2020.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of June 13th, 2019.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- A letter of interest of no more than five pages, addressing in general the items under "Primary Duties" and specifically each item under "Required Education" and "Required Experience";
- An eForm application; Complete in its entirety, don't use see resume.
- A resume.
All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a particular position does not assure the applicant an interview. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report. An education verification will also be conducted on selected candidate.
SALARY: Mid $50's/annually
The Senior Librarian provides vision, leadership and strategies for use of the joint use college-public library in collaboration with the deputy director/library manager, Poudre River Public Library District. The librarian is responsible for the overall day-to-day College library operations. The individual provides high-quality delivery of a broad range of library services, including instruction, reference, and collection management, to a diverse community of users in support of the College’s curriculum and mission. This position primarily serves the information access needs of college patrons (students, faculty, and staff) while also providing support for community patrons. This individual serves as the liaison for Harmony Library with Library District, Campus Security, Information Technology, Facilities Staff, and is responsible for building and sustaining strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the College. The individual develops and provides library instruction and reference services, collection development; coordinating circulation and reserve room services in addition, this position assists with creating online research guides, video tutorials, Open Educational Resources (OER) and conducts library outreach. This position has financial responsibility for budget and auxiliary accounts and coordinates vendor services in the building. In addition, the individual manages the library computer lab, hires work study students and student hourly staff, and supervises part-time hourly library staff.
- Provides vision, leadership, coordination, and assessment of library instruction, student success, and related services.
- Collaborates with the deputy director/library manager to provide leadership for the successful joint use of Harmony Library.
- Coordinate College library operations by providing services for faculty, staff, students and the community. Act as liaison with Library staff, Facilities, Information Technology, Campus Security staff, as well as local public and academic libraries.
- Participate in outreach efforts and foster effective collaborative relationships with staff and faculty to raise awareness of library resources to promote and enhance student success.
- Develop and maintain a print and non-print collection for a comprehensive, two-year community college library, including the College Reserve collection. Develop and maintain the book, serials, and electronic college collections to ensure excellent support of the college’s curriculum and accreditations.
- Work collaboratively to design and deliver information literacy classes and programs; provide formal instruction in various research strategies; and introduce/orient students to various library resources. Contribute to implementation and development of OER as well as the development and production of user guides, including LibGuides.
- Provide research assistance and library instruction to students, faculty and adjunct instructors, administrators, and staff.
- Primary contact for building maintenance issues and coordination with Facilities and Campus Security and Preparedness staff.
- Coordinates the College’s material circulation functions of the library.
- Coordinates access of college materials according to local and national standards. Performs ongoing evaluation of database subscriptions and electronic journals to identify and implement changes in content, navigation, and access.
- Responsible for the library computer lab access for students and the public.
- Contributes to implementation of automation software.
- Develop and manage campus budgets for the library and auxiliary fines account.
- Hire, train, and supervises work-study and student-hourly workers and staff (as assigned).
- Serve on library and college committees as assigned, including chairs’ council, search committees and staff committees.
- Engage in ongoing professional development through self-study, continuing education and communication with colleagues in the field.
- Write college reports as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in a library.
- Working knowledge of new and emerging technologies and familiarity with the impact on higher education
- Familiarity with current trends (such as use of Open Education Resources and concurrent enrollment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Broad general knowledge base of multiple disciplines
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of pedagogical and information retrieval methodology
- Five years of experience in higher education environment.
- Prior experience in dealing with maintenance of a large building.
Please sumbit an online appliction via our website: https://frontrange-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=2308&company_id=16694&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=993160&level=levelid1&levelid1=36334&startflag=2