This is a part-time position. Hours will be Monday-Friday 1:30 pm- 8:00 pm.
One Saturday a month 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Experience and enhance the charm of Fort Lupton. Just a hop north of Denver and a skip east of I-25, we are a dynamic growing community with an amazing public and school library. Fort Lupton is a quiet gem of a community with a municipal golf course, museum, recreation center and expansive park and trails.
Do you like an environment of support and sharing, away from the noise of a big city? We are looking for a part time Library Page to support our patrons. If your goal is to support others as they reach their goals, join our library staff to meet the exciting needs of our patrons.
We are looking for team members to assist with projects and programs within the library and out in our community. If you are looking for a position where your focus on detail will benefit everyone, this is it. The Library Associate position blends working with our collection and also with our patrons. You will have resources to support you as you share your love of books and guide visitors through our collections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work to market the library by constantly straightening, shelving, maintaining face-out materials and informing patrons about programs, events and services available to them.
- Participate in the design and maintenance to displays and bulletin boards.
- Maintain the atmosphere that is conducive to learning and addresses issues that interfere with patron positive usage.
- Work effectively with information resources and the circulation and cataloging systems.
- Provide readers' advisory services to all age levels.
- Work morning, evening and weekend hours of operation as needed.
- Perform all daily library circulation operations and assist patrons with circulation services.
- With the guidance of a Librarian, occasionally develop informative and entertaining programs and delivers programs to audiences in the library.
- Assist with special library projects and outreach to the community.
- Roves the library to interact with patrons, provide assistance, and maintain both collections and public areas.
- Assist patrons in finding and using library resources, including reference materials, audiovisual equipment, computers, public access catalog, reference databases, and electronic resources.
- Provide assistance to teachers and students by locating materials and supporting students as they complete special projects.
- Maintains the collection which may include shelf reading, shifting, cleaning books and weeding on a weekly basis.
- Process materials as needed and assist in the selection of materials in your assigned area.
- Responsible for first level technology support for patrons.
- Uphold the patron's rights embodied in the First Amendment of the constitution of the United States, the Colorado confidentiality Law and the Bill of Rights
- Uphold copyright and anti-discrimination and bias-free laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements:JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to research reference questions and serve the informational needs of patrons.
- Assist patrons with all aspects of circulation services.
- Assist with special library projects and public relations activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons to understand and fulfill their requests.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong library and reference skills.
- Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint and able to train patrons in basic usage.
- Knowledge of online email accounts and able to teach patrons basic usage.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and vitality for the assigned position.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patrons, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow library policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with computer applications.
- Ability to work with, maintain and troubleshoot problems with library equipment including computers, photocopiers, and audiovisual equipment.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fortlupton