The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library seeks a customer service-oriented professional to fill our temporary Patron Accounts Specialist position for up to 9 months. The Patron Accounts Specialist will provide support for the Access and Public Services Department while it conducts a patron accounts project to recover overdue items and resolve account issues. Collaborating with the Circulation Services Specialist, this position will create and execute a plan to contact affected patrons, document procedures, track the progress of the project, and make recommendations for future actions and processes.
- Verify long overdue items on patron records.
- Contact patrons with long overdue items to facilitate the collection of fees or materials.
- Serve as point of contact to collect payments and process overdue materials.
- Review overdue items in patron accounts to distribute notices and receipts.
- Update patron records to remove long overdue items that have been returned or paid.
- Collaborate with library stakeholders to help establish guidelines to review and reconcile outstanding library fees or replacement materials.
- Track results and maintain statistics related to this project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: 25-32 hours per week. Flexible schedule. 3 or 4 days per week between 8:00am-3:00pm.
Employment Duration: 5 to 9 months.
Compensation: $21-$24/hr commensurate with skills and experience.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. Screening to begin immediately.
Start Date: July 2019.
- Customer service experience.
- Data entry and/or record keeping experience.
- Experience working in libraries or higher education setting.
- Working knowledge of an Integrated Library System (ILS), preferably Sierra ILS.
- Proficiency with Library of Congress Classification.
- Experience with Microsoft Word mail merge or other mass mailing.
Application Instructions: To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.