University of Wyoming
Provide independent research services to library users, requiring specialized subject knowledge and skills under limited supervision. Coordinate and manage short and long term projects within Chisum Special Collections. Manage daily operation of the unit. Assist with provision of library instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and provide research services offered by Chisum Special Collections. Provide Project management for collections, digitization & digital exhibits.
- Teach library instruction classes for Chisum Special Collections and for other areas as needed. Provide information literacy instruction to lower division courses.
- Develop on-line research guides and tutorials.
- Assist with assessment of library instruction and other library services.
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise student workers and interns in the Chisum Special Collections area.
Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating a willingness to be part of the solution process and commitment to teamwork within a large and complex organization.
- Provide information to outside institutions and departments as directed.
- Participate in special projects as assigned
Additional Info & Requirements
Other required qualifications:
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Knowledge of or courses in history, anthropology, geography, American Studies, or Wyoming history
- Experience in an academic library setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.