Works with school librarians, teachers, administrators, and staff to provide guidance and professional development to enhance library programs. Works as a member of the district library team to collaboratively plan events, literacy events, library programs, and supports the district literacy plan. Serves as a consultant/coach to school librarians and serves as a resource to administrators, staff, community, and other departments at all times.
- Provide collection alignment support to librarians and library staff to assist them with the acquisition of books, media, and materials for their DLMC library.
- Assist school libraries with special projects: cataloging, weeding, inventory, collection alignment, and library transformation.
- Provide communications to stakeholders on a regular basis using social media tools and other district-aligned communication channels.
- Collaboratively develop and implement action plans with community, schools, and other DCSD departments for school library programming, collaborative instructional co-teaching, and literacy engagement.
- Research current and emerging technologies, literacy, and library best practice to create and provide professional growth opportunities for DCSD librarians and staff to enable them to keep current with district initiatives, current library best practices, and to integrate school library programs with instruction, literacy, and family engagement.
- Plan and conduct professional development for library best practices, library orientation, and other professional development including access and use of physical and digital resources using the Library Management system and digital platforms, use of technology and devices with eResources, and app downloads.
- Research authoritative reviews, read novels, and actively engage in the district novel adoption process.
- Collaboratively develop and implement action plans with community, schools, and other DCSD departments for school library programming and literacy events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
NOTE: Position Specific Information may include any of the following additional responsibilities;
Serve as the lead for textbook and resource manager working collaboratively with the CIPG team and school teacher librarians for curriculum alignment.
Serve as the library system administrator.
Serve as the lead for collection and system administrator for ebook platforms
Serve as the lead for all cataloging and bibliographic services.
Serve as the lead for database acquisition, management, and access.
Serve as the lead for novel adoption process and approval.
Possess the knowledge for electronic resources, databases, and library software programs to troubleshoot access and issues, and manage license agreements, contract renewals, trials, and analysis and evaluation of usage data.
Additional Info & Requirements
Must possess teacher's license in Colorado
Linda Conway at email@example.com