Williams College Libraries
Williams College Libraries is now accepting applications for a Serials Coordinator. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), year-round regular appointment, reporting to the Head of Collection Management. Coordinating the subscription, payment, receipt, and processing of serial publications in all formats, the coordinator will ensure the integrity of the ordering, licensing, inventory, and descriptive metadata in the integrated library system through regular monitoring of serial subscription terms and fulfillment.
The Williams Libraries are committed to developing a skilled, inclusive, and diverse staff to serve an increasingly diverse educational community. Our mission is to provide an intellectual forum where the world of ideas is made manifest to inspire learning, teaching, and creativity at Williams and beyond. We aspire to work cohesively, with creativity and competence, and to cultivate an environment of inquiry and exploration. In their cover letter, applicants should address relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Initiate new purchase orders and subscriptions for single serial titles and packages
● Process subscription renewals, cancellations, and withdrawals
● Monitor serials for publication changes or cessation and add/update bibliographic records using national standards
● Maintain up-to-date license terms in the integrated library system
● Monitor accuracy of order fulfillment for print and electronic serials and initiate claims
● Oversee management of print serials inventory, including reading room maintenance, binding, and format and location changes
● Monitor quarterly budget expenditures and compile annual budget projections for renewing subscription costs
● Familiarity with the organization of library collections or serials publication
● Proficiency in working with office and data processing software
● Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to prioritize and organize complex workflows
● Aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving
● Ability to accurately perform detailed work for long periods at a computer workstation in an open office environment
● 2 – 5 years of related experience and a Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
● Ability to occasionally organize and lift physical materials, like bound periodicals weighing up to 10lb each, and to push wheeled carts of such library materials.
● Familiarity with one or more non-English language and/or serials cataloging standards and practices a plus
Review of resumes will begin March 27, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshires of northwestern Massachusetts with access to Albany, Burlington (VT), Boston, New York City, and Montreal. Distinguished by a reputation for outstanding, inclusive teaching and scholarship, academic excellence, and exceptional alumni loyalty, the college is committed to building and supporting a diverse learning community of approximately 2,100 undergraduates.
External Job Ad
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.