We are hiring our next library leaders as our Patron Experience Supervisors! You will develop and lead a successful team to provide core library services, consistent and quality customer service for library patrons. Your passion for working directly with the public and diverse communities will help to create positive outcomes. If you can inspire teams, excel at customer service, and are an excellent communicator, this position may be the job for you!
2 Positions Available: Lakewood Library and Mountain Libraries (Evergreen & Conifer)
Hiring Range: $52,933.65-$67,490.41
- Provide a consistent quality customer service experience in core Library services on the phone, in person and/or on the web.
- Communicates expectations to the Library staff about Library services and industry best practices.
- Hires, assigns, trains, coaches, directs and supervises professional staff.
- Performs routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewing applicants, performance evaluation, and taking corrective action.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Anticipate and solve problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Support adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Communicate with direct reports about the strategic plan, changes in policy and procedures as well as the implementation process.
- Apply input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- Provide input for department budget and audits spending per established procedures and limits. Participate in annual planning for Library services.
- The Patron Experience Supervisor reports to the Public Services Manager.
- Must be familiar with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related work experience required.
- MLS or MLIS preferred (may be in progress).
- Public library experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience required, including 2 years of supervisory experience of 2 or more employees.
- Intermediate reading, writing and math skills.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must be able to work days, some evenings, some weekends and minor holidays.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
The Lakewood Library is a family-friendly library, where kids, families and seniors have fun learning and making connections. It is located in the city of Lakewood in Jefferson County.
The Evergreen Library is a community-oriented, family-friendly location, where people of all ages have fun learning and making connections. It is located in the foothills of Jefferson County.
The Conifer Library is located in the mountainous foothills of Jefferson County. A rural, community-friendly library, it is housed within Conifer High School. The library operates as a school library until the afternoon when it then opens to serve the community.
The Mountain Libraries position will be based out of the Evergreen Library location.
Human Resources / Job Listings