Major Duties of the Library Director
- Communicate with other libraries in SW Colorado and across the state to participate in cooperative endeavors
- Develop a budget that works with the goals and desires of the community and be responsible for following all aspects of Budget Law.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, providing them with the necessary information they need to oversee the director, policy decisions, and fiduciary responsibilities
- Actively participate in community activities and organizations
- Manage 15 staff, encouraging and inspiring them to do their best
- Assume full management responsibility for all services and activities of the library
Additional Info & Requirements
- A commitment to innovation
- Strong problem-solving skills, and a commitment to continuous learning
- In-depth experience with managing a sizeable budget
- Proven project management skills and the ability to bring projects to completion
- Work collaboratively with external partners
- Proven ability to be adaptable and flexible and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Education and experience commensurate with the position. MLS is highly preferred. Experience managing multiple people is essential; understanding of the world of libraries
Salary range is between $60,000 - $90,000, Benefits package includes health stipend, retirement plan, paid holidays, and PTO
Who are you?
You are passionate about libraries. You embrace the challenge of working with the public to meet their needs in a positive and helpful way. You embrace change and flexibility – especially in this day and age. You are “hungry” to work in rural Colorado where the community values their library as the center of their town. You are accountable, humble, passionate, experienced, and people-smart.
Who is Pine River Library looking for?
We are searching for a leader and colleague who:
- Displays humility in order to better work for the good of our community
- Remains highly flexible in order to accommodate the changing needs of our community
- Works collaboratively with a staff that is highly creative, hard-working, and fun
- Loves working with the public in order to further our library’s mission of “connecting people with possibilities”
Please send information by September 4, 2020 to email@example.com
- Pine River Library Application
- Resumé with employment, educational, project management, and community work
- Cover letter
Come and lead the 2014 Best Small Library in the country while enjoying the wonder of the Pine River Valley at the foothills of the spectacular San Juan Mountains in Bayfield, CO. Bayfield is 20 miles east of Durango with a population of just over 2400, and is a throwback to authentic small-town living. As our town’s website states, “We respect independence, foster education, and value our natural scenic environment.”
The Library passed a mill levy increase last year by a 58/42% margin bringing our annual revenues to $1M. We have a beautiful 12,000 sq. ft. facility with an impressive 17,000 sq. ft. community garden in partnership with the Pine River Garden Club and a one-acre park in collaboration with the Town of Bayfield (completed in 2017). In partnership with community organizations, Pine River Library offers 500+ programs/year, and we are truly the “living room” in our library district of almost 10,000 people. We are a member of the 29 library consortium, Marmot, enabling a great enhancement of our collection. We have five major rivers and all kinds of outdoor and cultural opportunities with nearby Fort Lewis College and Pueblo Community College Southwest. Southwest Colorado is a year-round vacation destination with Purgatory Ski Resort and Wolf Creek Ski Area a short drive away. Pine River Library offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in Southwest CO.
External Job Ad
Darcy Poletti Harp
970.884.2222 ext. 522