Jefferson County Public Library
We are hiring dynamic, tech savvy and customer focused Librarians! As the subject matter expert in your core area of service, you’ll be a leader in creating and presenting programming to library patrons, mentoring staff and being active in community outreach. If you’re a forward-thinking individual who enjoys serving the public, this may be the job for you!
There are openings at the following JCPL Locations:
- Golden Library - Adult Librarian
- Lakewood Library - Teen Librarian, Kids & Families Librarian
- Belmar Library - Teen Librarian, Kids & Families Librarian
- Evergreen Library - Kids & Families Librarian
The hiring range for this position is $46,234.30 - $58,948.73.
- Provide holistic library service and creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons.
- Handle the most difficult patron questions by utilizing complex research skills.
- Be a library ambassador in your core area of service by performing community outreach via classes, workshops, and programs both in the library and off site.
- Ensure equal access to all resources and materials, both physical and digital.
- Develop, promote, and deliver creative, quality programming to meet community needs and interests.
- Be an educator who develops and provides library instruction and patron education individually and in groups.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data to adjust programming.
- Evaluate and maintain the existing collection through weeding and transferring of materials.
- Be creative by producing enticing visual displays and special exhibits.
- Collaborate in the creation of content for the JCPL website and social media resources.
- Be a guide and resource to staff and volunteers by providing support in daily operations.
- Assume the duties of the Person-In-Charge when scheduled or in the absence of the manager.
- Complies with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as, ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Master of Library Science (MLS) degree or Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree or equivalent; MLS or MLIS may be in progress.
- A minimum of 1 year of library experience.
- Public library experience preferred.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
- Computer and technology skills as appropriate for the position.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and minor holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent upon criminal history check, motor vehicle check and education verification.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
The Golden Library, located along historic Clear Creek in the vibrant city of Golden, offers beautiful views of the Jefferson County foothills. This community-focused, high energy library offers innovative hands-on programs for all ages, with a special emphasis on services to kids and families.
The Lakewood Library is a family-friendly library, where kids, families and seniors have fun learning and making connections. It is located in the city of Lakewood in Jefferson County.
The Belmar Library is located just off Wadsworth adjacent to Belmar Park, in a bustling, diverse community. Located in the transit heart of downtown Lakewood in Jefferson County, this library serves patrons of all ages. Our bilingual staff is ready to help the Spanish speaking community. It's an exciting time to join the team as the building is newly redesigned!
The Evergreen Library is a community-oriented, family-friendly location, where people of all ages have fun learning and making connections. It is located in the foothills of Jefferson County.
Human Resources / Job Listings