Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center
Master of Library Science degree (MLS) required.
Trainee applicants must have completed at least 75% of required course work towards a MLS and submit a letter from the dean of the library school that states the number of credit hours already obtained and that the candidate can complete all master's degree requirements within twelve months.
An employee in this position is responsible for providing advanced library services to customers at the Information Service desk. Responsible for the supervision, training, and scheduling of staff. Prepares and presents programming for adult and all-ages audiences. May act as Person-in-Charge in absence of branch manager.
· Staffs a public service point and provides immediate customer assistance; performs proactive reference; answers complex customer questions about information and technology resources; performs intermediate troubleshooting of library equipment
· Trains the public in the use of library resources and equipment, including online catalog and databases
· Knows, enforces, and interprets rules governing the use of the library; provides in-depth readers' advisory services; staffs the online chat reference as assigned
· Prepares, presents, and schedules classes on basic and intermediate computer skills for the public including (Book-a-Librarian); prepares and presents programming for adult and all-ages audiences; hosts and facilitates library book clubs
· Hires, supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules assigned subordinate staff
· Performs other duties as assigned
Additional Info & Requirements
Selected applicant must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed. Background check by law enforcement required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Human Resources / Job Listings
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
Contact the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at
(910) 678-7653 or email email@example.com
Library website: http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccplsite/content/employment-opportunities